Current Season Ticket Holders
DEADLINE FOR ORDERS
Men’s basketball season ticket orders and contributions are due by Tuesday, July 15, 2014. Orders not received by this date will be consid¬ered late and may be subject to loss of season tickets.
CURRENT SEASON TICKET HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTIONS
Total annual contributions provide priority for the opportu¬nity to order season tickets. Annual contributions must be received by July 15, 2014 or patrons may be subject to loss of sea¬son tickets. Recommended minimum annual contributions for the opportunity to order seats are as follows:
Sections 107, 108, 109, 121, 122, 123, 207, 209, 221, 222 and 223 – $300 each
Sections 106, 110, 120, 124, 206, 210, 220 and 224 – $200 each
Sections 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 111, 112, 118, 119, 125, 126, 127 and 128– $100 each
Sections 307, 308, 309, 321, 322 and 323 – $50 each
Sections 201-205, 211-213, 217-219 & 225-228 –no recommended minimum annual contribution
Sections 301-306, 310-313, 317-320 & 324-328–no recommended minimum annual contribution
100 level sections - $476 ($28/game x 17 games)
200 level sections - $408 ($24/game x 17 games)
300 level sections - $374 ($22/game x 17 games)
There are 17 home games on this season’s schedule. At the time this document went to print, we were not able to confirm the non-conference schedule. The only confirmed non-conference home game is the ACC-Big Ten Challenge game vs. Duke on December 3.
The Big Ten Conference schedule will include 18 games. Wisconsin will play nine conference home games against Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Penn State and Purdue. Wisconsin will play nine conference away games against Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State and Rutgers.
The entire schedule is traditionally released in late August.
The preferred way to purchase season tickets is online at UWBadgers.com. Season ticket orders will also be accepted by phone during regular business hours (8:30am-4:30pm, Mon.-Fri.). Or, patrons may mail the WHITE copy of the order form with the appropriate season ticket payment. Please do not order season tickets by fax. Payment can be made by check, cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express Card.
ONLINE ORDER INFORMATION
Ordering online is quick and easy with just a few simple steps:
- Visit UWBadgers.com
- Hover your pointer over the Tickets header and click on “Buy Tickets” from the drop down menu
- Click on “2014 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets” to login to your account and purchase your season tickets
If this is your FIRST TIME ordering online:
- Under “Register Here” type in your patron # and pin # (which can be found on your ticket application)
- Click “Activate”
- Enter your e-mail address, create a password and verify your account information
- Click “Next Step”
- Click on the application link to order your 2014 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets
It is the patron’s responsibility to inform the Wisconsin Athletic Ticket Office of any changes in mailing addresses by September 3. Mailing address changes should be submitted on the season order form, in a separate letter, or online at UWBadgers.com by logging into your account.
MAILING OF TICKETS & PARKING
Season tickets & parking will be mailed approximately October 16, 2014 via USPS priority mail service.
All patrons two years of age and older must have a valid ticket for admission. Children under the age of two may be admitted without a ticket, provided they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian.
A limited number of accessible seats are available on a season ticket basis. Please make a notation on your season ticket application if you are interested in accessible season tickets, which are subject to availability.
Patrons needing to make accessible seating arrangements for individual games should contact the Athletic Ticket Office prior to game day, as seats are limited and subject to availability. Patrons may inquire about availability beginning October 20, 2014.
Refunds or exchanges are only granted if an order is not filled. Acceptance of payment does not constitute final acceptance of your order. Refunds will not be made due to a game time or date change. The Athletic Department is pleased to recognize supporters who make contributions to its program in part by offering donors priority for various ticket, parking and special event benefits. Since such opportunities can vary each year, contributions are non-refundable.
REQUESTING SEAT IMPROVEMENT & ADDITIONAL SEASON TICKETS
SEAT IMPROVEMENT REQUEST PROCESS
- Patrons are encouraged to make a seat improvement request (if desired) when ordering season tickets. Requests can be attached to the paper season tickets application, or they can be made online in the special comments section of the online ordering application. A request for seat improvement can also be made over the phone when ordering season tickets with an Athletic Ticket Office representative. All seat improvement requests are due by July 15, 2014
- Beginning in mid-August, the Athletic Ticket Office and Athletic Development Office will review requests for seat improvements. All requests will be reviewed based on each patron’s annual giving level first, then by priority points within each giving level as of July 15, 2014
- By mid-September, patrons who requested seat improvements will be sent an e-mail that will include the outcome of the seat improvement request. The e-mail will also include information regarding the quantity of tickets that became available in various seating areas as well as the annual giving level/point thresholds for receiving tickets in various seating areas
- Seat improvement request outcomes are based on availability when the request is reviewed. Availability depends on the season ticket retention rate, which typically is between 93-97% for men’s basketball. It is also important to note that retention rates for season tickets in 100 and 200 level sections are normally at 98-99%
- The number of years requesting seating changes does not factor into the request process and requests are not carried over from the previous year.
- Each request is reviewed by the Athletic Department, but the volume of requests may not make personal consultation feasible. Decisions are made at the discretion of the Athletic Department. The Athletic Department reserves the right to change any seat assignment without prior notice, thus there are no guarantees
REQUESTING ADDITIONAL SEATS
Current season ticket holders at the Walk-On Club annual giving level (minimum $50 contribution in 2014) and higher, have the opportunity to request additional season tickets. Patrons should make the request on the season order form but should not include payment for the additional seats. The Athletic Department encour¬ages patrons to make the request as broadly as possible to increase the chances of the request being fulfilled. Patrons may request specific seats on the order form, but please re¬alize such requests will be difficult to fulfill. The vast majority of seats that may be available will be located in 300 level sections.
Individuals will receive either an invoice or regret e-mail letter from the Wisconsin Athletic Ticket Office starting in August and running through early September. The e-mail letter will explain the outcome of requests for season tickets. Regret e-mail letters will be sent to those whose requests the Athletic Department were unable to fill. Payment for all items is due upon receipt of the invoice. All requests for additional season tickets will be reviewed first based on annual giving level and then priority points within each giving level. In order to be considered for additional season tickets, annual contributions and order forms must be received by July 15, 2014. Contributions do not guarantee the purchase of season tickets.
The Athletic Department may limit quantity of tickets based upon supply and demand and reserves the right to limit patrons to six (6) season tickets per account. Please do not include payment for additional seats requested with your ticket application.
FIND A HOME FOR UNUSED TICKETS
Have a friend, family member or coworker using your tickets for a game this season? Avoid the hassle of physically delivering tickets and utilize Ticket Forwarding.
Ticket Forwarding is a free and convenient online system allowing season ticket holders to electronically transfer game tickets they are not using to someone else. It’s fast, safe, easy and free to use. You can find our Ticket Forwarding page online at UWBadgers.com under the tickets tab.
STUB HUB THE OFFICIAL FAN-TO-FAN TICKET MARKETPLACE OF THE BADGERS
Looking to sell tickets to game you can’t attend? Utilize StubHub!, the official fan-to-fan ticket marketplace of the Wisconsin Badgers. Set your price and post your tickets for sale to a broad, nationwide audience. StubHub! is easy to use and helps season ticket holders find a home for unused tickets while recovering some of their investment.
Find our StubHub! page online at UWBadgers.com under the tickets tab.
COMFORT AT THE KOHL CENTER
Season ticket-holders are invited to order Kohl Kushions to enhance their game day experience. Kohl Kushions are only $20 per seat and feature padded seat backs and bottoms which are permanently attached to your seats for the entire season. To order Kohl Kushions for seats already on your account, please add the number desired on the online or paper ticket application form. Also include payment and, if necessary, indicate which seats should receive the Kohl Kushions.
Please do not include Kohl Kushions payment for new or additional season ticket requests. An invoice will be sent in August/September if new or additional season tickets are granted and will include the ability to purchase Kohl Kushions for those additional seats. Please call the Wisconsin Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-GO-BADGERS with any questions or concerns.