Aug. 29, 2014
MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin women's soccer freshman midfielder Alexis Tye has been a Badger since day one. Her family ties with the university run deep, with her parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle all graduating from UW.
Read on to find out more about Alexis's likes, dislikes and personality both on and off the soccer field.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY AND THE UW WOMEN'S SOCCER TEAM:
- Why did you choose the University of Wisconsin? Well, I grew up a Badger fan. Both of my parents, grandparents and aunt and uncle went here, so I grew up a fan and wanted to come to school here.
- What does it mean to you to be a Badger? It’s amazing. My parents went to school here so I know all about what the Badger pride is and I’m starting to feel that pride.
- Favorite spot on campus: The terrace. I’ve been here all summer and I loved just hanging out there with friends and listening to music.
- Best thing about Madison: People think of the Midwest as being the middle of nowhere, but Madison is just so pretty and I love being out on the lake. It’s just amazing being able to go to school here.
- Favorite thing about Wisconsin soccer: The team dynamic this year. It’s really fun and I feel like it’s a family that we are all a part of.
- Favorite thing to do off the field with your teammates: Well, because we are in season I’d have to say it’s hanging out in the locker room where we can mess around and do nothing.
- One word that describes the team: Weird, very weird
- One word that describes Paula: Active
GENERAL SOCCER QUESTIONS:
- First started soccer (age and/or grade): I started playing when I was four.
- Ritual before every game: I don’t have a ritual, but I wear the same headband for every game.
- Most memorable soccer game of your career: When I first started playing soccer, my sister was actually playing and I was watching. I actually ran onto the field after the ball while my sister was picking daisies.
- Dream as a collegiate player: To win a Big Ten Championship
- My teammates say I am: Weird, or very interesting
- Most memorable soccer achievement: Coming to the University of Wisconsin to play soccer
- Animal: Cheetah
- Movie: Bridesmaids
- Musician/Band: Maroon 5
- TV Show: Bachelor in Paradise
- Book: I don’t have one
- Car: BMW
- Celebrity: Vanessa Hudgens
- Athlete: Clint Dempsey
- Soccer Player: Abby Wambach
- Sports team: San Francisco Giants
- Thing to do when you’re not at soccer: Watch Netflix
- Vacation spot: Mexico, Cabo
- This past summer you: I was here, just taking classes.
- What would you be doing if you weren't playing collegiate soccer? I’d be going to school, which would not be very fun.
- Person(s) most admired/role models: My mom and my sister
- Secret addiction: Goldfish
- Most prized possession: My iPhone
- If you could meet any three people in the world (dead or alive) they would be: I have no idea.
- Weird thing about you that almost no one knows: I can spit down and pick up grass.
- If you could guest star in a TV show it would be: Glee, because I really wish I could sing
- If you could be on the cover of a magazine it would be: People, because then people would be talking about me
- Best sporting event you ever attended: Definitely Giants games
- What would you do with one million dollars? Buy a really nice house
- No one will ever catch you eating: Eggs
- Nobody knows how much you love to: Eat
- Greatest invention of the last 100 years: iPhones
- If you could live any place in the world it would be: Greece
- A non-athletic talent you have: I don’t have one.
- Non-athletic talent you would like to have: To sing
- Post-college plans/career goals: Nursing school
- Dream job: To be a nurse
- If you could have one superpower, it would be: To fly
- You are most passionate about: I don’t know.
- Favorite quote or motto: “Whatever it takes”