Dec. 10, 2009
MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin women's basketball team (7-2) wraps up its six-game road swing on Friday, playing at intrastate rival Marquette (6-2). Tip-off is at 7 p.m. from the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee. The Golden Eagles are coming off a 65-55 win at Illinois on Wednesday night.
| Game 10 | Wisconsin (7-2) vs. Marquette (6-2)
|| Friday, Dec. 11 | 7 p.m.
|| Milwaukee, Wis. | Al McGuire Center
|| Time Warner Cable Sports 32
|| The Big 1070 (WTSO) on InsideBadgerSports.com
|| Live Gameday Blog
|| Live Stats
| All-Time Series
|| Wisconsin leads 9-7
Roster | Schedule | Stats | News | Record Book | Game Notes
Roster | Schedule | Stats | News | Media Guide
Here's a brief overview of each team:
- The Badgers wrap up their six-game road swing this Friday and will have played six games in 15 days. Wisconsin lost its first road game of the season at No. 3 Ohio State this past Sunday.
- UW is now 5-1 away from the Kohl Center, including 3-1 on opponent’s home courts and 2-0 on a neutral court.
- The Badgers look to improve to 2-1 against the other Division I teams in the state of Wisconsin this season when they play at Marquette on Friday. Wisconsin defeated Milwaukee 64-55 in Milwaukee on Nov. 19 but fell to Green Bay 60-58 on Nov. 24 in Madison.
- Wisconsin leads the Big Ten for rebounding defense, giving up only 32.1 rebounds per game. On the season, Wisconsin is averaging 35.6 rebounds per game. Junior Tara Steinbauer leads the team with 6.6 rebounds per game, which ranks10th in the Big Ten. Junior Lin Zastrow adds 4.9 rebounds per game.
- Wisconsin is averaging only 16.1 turnovers per game, which ranks second in the Big Ten. The Badgers had only seven turnovers at Milwaukee on Nov. 19, which ties for third on the UW single-game record list.
- In the most recent NCAA statistics released Dec. 8, the Badgers are 32nd in scoring defense, giving up 55.1 points per game. Wisconsin ranks 47th nationally in turnovers per game, averaging 16.1 giveaways per game. The UW is 40th in field goal percentage defense (35.2) and 50th in won-loss percentage (77.8).
- Individually, Tara Steinbauer ranks 13th nationally in free throw percentage at 92.0.
- After losing to Duke on Nov. 27, the Golden Eagles (6-2) have rebounded to win their last two games. Marquette defeated the New Jersey Institute of Technology on Dec. 3, 81-41, and downed Illinois, 65-55, on Wednesday.
- Junior Angel Robinson leads the team with 11.4 points per game while sophomore Jessica Pachko adds 10.3 points per game. Robinson had a season-high 32 points vs. the Illini.
- Senior Lauren Thomas-Johnson is the team’s most proficient 3-point shooter, making a team-high 12 treys. Thomas-Johnson, a 5-10 guard, adds 9.5 points per game.
- Robinson directs the Golden Eagles’ offense averaging 4.6 assists per game. She also shares the team lead with 16 steals.
- Pachko, a 6-2 forward, averages a team-high 6.8 rebounds per game.
- Senior Janelle Harris, a 6-0 guard, adds 8.5 points and 5.4 rebounds per game while shooting a team-best 44.2 percent from the field.