Dec. 2, 2009
RALEIGH, N.C. - The Wisconsin women's basketball team hits the road to take on North Carolina State on Thursday. The Badgers are in the midst of a five-game road swing. Tip-off begins at 6 p.m. in the Reynolds Coliseum in Raleigh, N.C., for the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
| Game 8 | Wisconsin (6-1) vs. North Carolina State (5-2)
|| Thursday, Dec. 3 | 6 p.m.
|| Raleigh, N.C. | Reynolds Coliseum
| Web Stream
|| Wisconsin Radio Network
|| GameTracker | Live Gameday Blog
| All-Time Series
|| Wisconsin leads 1-0
Roster | Schedule | Stats | News | Record Book | Game Notes
North Carolina State
Roster | Schedule | Stats | News | Record Book
Here's a brief overview of each team:
- The Badgers (6-1) recently won the World Vision Invitational with a trio of wins over Portland State (75-51), Oregon (58-57) and Cal State Fullerton (57-44).
- The UW's only loss of the season came on Nov. 24 against Green Bay at home where the Badgers fell in a tight game, 60-58.
- This marks the second meeting between the two teams. Wisconsin previously upset then-No. 10 Wolfpack, 60-48, back in 2001 in Madison.
- Junior guard Alyssa Karel leads the team 14.0 points per game, while junior forward Lin Zastrow averages 9.3 points per game. Zastrow is also shooting a team-high 56.3 percent from the field.
- Efficient 3-point shooting has aided the Badgers in its early success. The team is collectively shooting 43.2 percent from downtown as Rae Lin D'Alie is knocking down a team-high 47.4 percent of her 3-point attempts.
North Carolina State
- North Carolina State (5-2) lost its last game against No. 21 Vanderbilt after winning four consecutive games. The Wolfpack are 3-1 at home this season.
- Freshman Marissa Kastanek, a 5-9 guard, and sophomore Bonae Holston, a 5-11 forward, lead the Wolfpack's offense with 11.7 and 11.4 points per game, respectively. Holston holds a team-high field goal percentage, knocking down 49.3 percent of her shots.
- Junior Amber White, a 5-6 guard, directs the NC State offense, dishing out a team-high 19 assists. Kastanek adds 14 assists on the season.
- The Wolfpack have out-rebounded its opponents (44.1-33.6) and is led by Holston and senior Lucy Ellison, a 6-1 forward, who both average 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Junior Tia Bell, a 6-3 forward, leads the team with 1.9 blocks per game.
Wisconsin Athletic Communications