Dec. 13, 2009
MADISON, Wis. -
Wisconsin vs. SIU Edwardsville
Kohl Center, Madison, Wis.
Dec. 13, 2009
- Coach Lisa Stone won the 100th game of her career at Wisconsin. Stone is now 100-94 (.515) in her seventh year at the UW. She is the third Badger coach to win 100 games. Stone joins Jane Albright (161-107 in nine years) and Edwina Qualls (131-141 in 10 years).
- The Badgers scored 45 points in the first half vs. the Cougars, the most in the first period this season. The previous best was 38 points vs. North Dakota on Nov 15.
- Wisconsin gave up only 38 points in the game, a season low for opponents. SIUE’s point total ties for eighth on the UW all-time single game list for fewest points allowed.
- Wisconsin also held SIUE to only 18 points in the first half, a season low. The previous low was 19 points vs. Portland State on Nov. 27. The 18 first-half points ties for eighth on the UW all-time list.
- SIU Edwardsville scored only 20 points in the second half, tying a season low for an opponent this season. Both North Dakota and Cal State Fullerton scored only 20 points in the second half vs. the Badgers this season.
- Coach Lisa Stone picked up the first technical of her career, as a coach or as a player, with 14:12 left in the second half.
- Freshman Taylor Wurtz set her career best with eight rebounds. She also had a career high two blocks.
- Junior Tara Steinbauer recorded her third double-double of the year with 10 points and 10 rebounds. It was the fifth double-double of her career.
- All 13 eligible players saw playing time for the Badgers, including walk-on Aly Bucierka. The 5-7 guard scored her first career points, going 1-of-2 from the free throw line. She also had one rebound.