Dec. 11, 2011
Recap | Box Score | Quotes
Behind the Box vs. Drake
Dec. 15, 2011
Kohl Center, Madison, Wis.
Player of the Game
Senior Jade Davis shared the team lead with a season-high 12 points on 4-of-9 shooting from the field, including 3-of-7 from 3-point range. It was the 5-9 guard’s fourth game of the season with double-figure scoring. Davis also added a season-high six rebounds and chipped in a team-high three assists.
Play of the Game
The Badgers got on the board in the game with a nice fastbreak layup with 16:25 to play in the first half. Morgan Paige passed the ball to Jade Davis, who immediately passed to Taylor Wurtz, who layed it in without dribbling to tie the score at 2-2.
Wisconsin led 45-44 with 6:58 to play in the game off a 3-pointer from Jacki Gulczynski. The Bulldogs went on a 10-0 run to take a 54-45 lead with 3:46 to go. Rachael Hackbarth scored four straight free throws, including two at 5:49 to put Drake up 48-45. Gulczynski hit her second 3-pointer with 3:33 left to end the DU run and cut the lead to 54-48.
Stat of the Game
Wisconsin finished with a season-high nine steals, many courtesy of the full-court press it used in the second half. Senior Anya Covington finished with a career high three steals while Taylor Wurtz also added three steals.
- Freshman Jacki Gulczynski had a career-high six points on 2-of-6 shooting from the field, including 2-of-5 from 3-point range. The 6-1 guard also played a career-high 19 minutes and added a career-high two assists.
- Wisconsin tied its season high with five blocks. Ashley Thomas tied her career high with two blocks while Anya Covington tied her season high with two stuffs
- The Badgers tied their second-lowest turnover total of the season with 13. UW is averaging just 13.7 turnovers per game over the last three games.
- Drake shot a season-high 3-point percentage for an opponent at 50.0 (5-10). The Bulldogs Kyndal Clark was 4-of-5 (80.0 percent) from 3-point range, a season high for an individual opponent.
- Drake went 16-of-23 (69.6 percent) from the free throw line, the most free throws made and attempted by an opponent this season. The Badgers were called for 18 fouls in the game. The Bulldogs Rachael Hackbarth went 8-of-11 (.727) from the line, the most makes and attempts for an opposing player this season.
- Wisconsin shot just 24 percent (6-25) from 3-point range, the second-lowest percentage of the season.
- Drake had no blocked shots, the first time this season Wisconsin hasn’t had a shot blocked.
- Junior Taylor Wurtz continued her double-digit scoring streak, tallying 12 points. She has scored 10-or-more points in all 11 games this season.
- Senior Anya Covington just missed her second double-double of the season with 10 points and nine rebounds.
- Junior Tiera Stephen played season-high 15 minutes, tying her season highs of three rebounds and one steal.