Dec. 2, 2010
Box Score |
Wisconsin vs. No. 5 Duke
Dec. 2, 2010
Player of the Game I
Sophomore Taylor Wurtz scored a season-high 19 points on 7-of-14 shooting from the field. The 6-0 guard shot a season-high 4-of-9 from 3-point range and added four rebounds, two steals and one assist.
Player of the Game II
Senior Lin Zastrow returned to the Badger lineup after missing the last three games with a knee injury. Zastrow started the game and shared team-high honors with six rebounds. The 6-4 post scored seven points, including going 4-of-4 from the line. She also added one assists, one block and one steal in 36 minutes.
Stat of the Game
The Badgers were outrebounded 45-30 in the game, including 20 offensive rebounds by the Blue Devils. Duke scored 11 second-chance points.
After rallying to tie the game in the second half at 31 on a Taylor Wurtz 3-pointer with 12:45 to play, the Blue Devils went on a 10-2 run to take a 41-33 lead with 8:34 remaining. The Badgers cut the lead to four (44-40) with 5:33 to go but Duke outscored Wisconsin 8-1 to put the game out of reach at 52-41.
- Wisconsin held Duke to just 27 first-half points, 10 fewer than the Blue Devils have averaged this season. In the game, the Badgers held Duke to just 59 points, its lowest point total of the season.
- The Badgers fall to 2-2 in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- The ACC wins the ACC/Big Ten Challenge for the fourth year in a row by a 6-5 score.
- Lin Zastrow made her first 3-pointer in two years when she hit from the top of the key.
- The Badgers scored just 18 points in the first half, a season low.
- Wisconsin tied a season-high with seven 3-pointers made. The Badgers shot 7-of-20 (.350) from behind the arc, second best on the season.
- UW tied a season-high with seven steals.
- Duke took a season-high 60 field goals attempts vs. Wisconsin but made just 20 for 33.3 percent. The Blue Devils recorded an opponent high 15 steals vs. the Badgers. Duke had only six assists in the game, a season low for a UW opponent.