Nov. 30, 2011
Box Score |
Game notes vs. Boston College
Nov. 30, 2011
Big Ten/ACC Challenge
Player of the Game
Freshman Lacia Gorman scored a career-high nine points, hitting 3-of-5 from 3-point range. The 5-5 guard hit her second 3-pointer with 7:53 to play in the game, giving Wisconsin its largest lead of the game at 46-34. Gorman added another 3-pointer with 3:10 to go, putting the Badgers up 53-43. The Fort Wayne, Ind., native also added a career best three steals, one assist and one rebound while playing 21 minutes.
With nine points, Gorman more than doubled her point total of the season as she had scored just eight points in her previous six games.
Play of the Game
With 0.4 seconds to play in the first half, junior Kelly Supernaw was fouled on a 3-point shot. She went to the line where she missed the first but made the next two free throws. Her foul shots put the Badgers up 30-22 at the half.
Stat of the Game
Wisconsin outscored Boston College 30-22 in the first half of play, which proved to be key as both teams scored 28 points in the second half.
BC’s only lead of the game came with 9:09 to play in the first half when Shayra Brown hit a 3-pointer to put the Eagles up 15-13. The Badgers went on a 7-0 run to take a 20-15 lead with 5:43 to go. Boston College cut the lead to two (23-21) with 2:27 to play but that was as close as it would get for the rest of the game.
- The Badgers held the Eagles to just 22 first-half points, the lowest for an opponent this season. BC’s 50 points in the game was also a season low for an opponent.
- Wisconsin put in seven 3-pointers on the night, its second-highest total of the season. The Badgers also had their second-highest totals for free throw percentage (.818 9-11), assists (14), and blocked shots (3).
- The Eagles made just three 3-pointers, tying a season-low for opponents.
- Despite finishing with just 27 rebounds, the second-lowest total of the season, Wisconsin outrebounded BC 27-26.
- After seven games in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, the Big Ten leads the Challenge 5-2. Five more games will be played on Thursday.
Big Ten/ACC Results
Iowa def. Virginia Tech, 58-47 (Iowa City, Iowa)
Maryland def. Michigan, 74-65 (College Park, Md.)
Penn State def. North Carolina, 103-84 (University Park, Pa.)
Georgia Tech def. Nebraska, 73-57 (Atlanta, Ga.)
Northwestern def. NC State, 76-59 (Evanston, Ill.)
Ohio State def. Florida State, 78-75 OT (Columbus, Ohio)
Wisconsin def. Boston College, 58-50 (Madison, Wis.)