Nov. 25, 2012
Box Score |
Game Notes vs. Evansville
Nov. 25, 2012
Kohl Center, Madison, Wis.
Player of the Game
Senior Tiera Stephen scored a career-high 13 points on 6-of-7 (.857) shooting from the field. The 5-7 guard also dished off a UW-high seven assists while adding five rebounds and two steals in 35 minutes of play.
Play of the Game
With 10:14 to play in the first half, senior Tiera Stephen hit sophomore Jacki Gulczynski in the lane on a perfect pass. Gulczynski scored the easy layup to put Wisconsin up 25-15, its largest lead of the game at that point.
Stat of the Game
The Badgers dished off 16 assists, their second-highest total of the season, and their fifth-straight game with 13 or more dimes. Senior Tiera Stephen led the way with seven handoffs.
Wisconsin led 39-28 at the half, its largest halftime lead of the season, as Jacki Gulczynski hit a 3-pointer from the top of the key with two seconds left before the break. The Badgers opened the second half on a 7-2 run to take a 46-30 lead with 18:02 to play. Taylor Wurtz scored five of the UW’s first seven points of the half.
- The Badgers shot a season best 43.9 percent (29-66) from the field. Their previous season best was 43.5 percent (30-69) vs. Milwaukee on Nov. 11.
- Wisconsin scored a season-high 42 points in the paint. The previous high was 34 points vs. Milwaukee on Nov. 11.
- Junior Morgan Paige is 17-for-17 from the free throw line over the last four games. The UW record for consecutive free throws in 25 set by Michele Kozelka in 1989.
- UW turned the ball over just 12 times, tying a season low.
- The Badgers outrebounded the Purple Aces 40-31, allowing just nine offensive rebounds by Evansville. The Aces scored just seven second-chance points.
- Wisconsin tallied 17 offensive rebounds, which led to 22 second-chance points.
- The Badgers were 1-4 through five games in 2011-12
- Sophomore Jacki Gulczynski dished off a career-best three assists.