Nov. 3, 2013
Game notes vs. Winona State
Nov. 3, 2013
Kohl Center, Madison, Wis.
- Eleven Badgers played in today’s exhibition, including the return of fifth-year senior Taylor Wurtz and junior AnnMarie Brown, both who missed most of 2012-13 with injuries.
- The Badgers shot an impressive 51.5 percent (34-66) from the field, including 62.5 percent (20-32) in the second half.
- Wisconsin dished off 18 assists, including a game-high seven assists from sophomore Dakota Whyte.
- UW turned the ball over only eight times.
- The Badgers outrebounded the Warriors 44-28.
- Junior transfer Michala Johnson led all players with 24 points, shooting 12-of-15 (80 percent) from the field. She also shared game-high honors with eight rebounds. Both marks would have been career bests.
- Sophomore Dakota Whyte started at point for UW, scoring nine points and leading all players with seven assists. She also had six rebounds and three steals. Her assist and rebound totals would have been career bests.
- Senior Morgan Paige added 14 points, including 11 in the second half, to finish second on the team.
- Junior AnnMarie Brown scored 12 points, including 10 in the second half, to also score in double figures. The 6-0 guard/forward, who played in only 10 games last season, was 5-of-6 (83.3 percent) from the field.
- Senior Taylor Wurtz returned to the starting lineup after playing in only five games last season. The 6-0 guard had back surgery in January and returned for her fifth season this year. She finished with eight points and shared game-high honors with eight rebounds.