Feb. 28, 2013
Box Score |
Game Notes vs. No. 20 Nebraska
Feb. 28, 2013
Kohl Center, Madison, Wis.
- The Badgers have three players score in double figures, the 17th time this season with three-or-more players in double digits.
- Wisconsin tied a season low by making just two 3 pointers.
- UW held Nebraska, the Big Ten’s top 3-point shooting team, to just two 3 pointers. NU averages nearly seven 3-pointers per game in Big Ten play.
- The Huskers 3-point shooting percentage of .118 (2-17) was the second lowest by an UW opponent this season.
- In both team’s Big Ten opener, Nebraska beat the Badgers 70-52 on Jan. 2 in Lincoln. This time around, Wisconsin lost by only two points (55-53).
- UW held Nebraska’s leading scorer, Jordan Hooper, to only seven points, more than 11 points under her season average of 18.5 points per game.
- Wisconsin outrebounded Nebraska, 40-34, the sixth time in the last seven games that the Badgers have outboarded an opponent.
- The Badgers wrap up the 2012-13 home season with a 9-6 mark (.600), UW’s best home record since 2010-11.
- Senior Tiera Stephen played in her final home game, scoring a career-high 15 points on 7-of-16 (.438) shooting. She also added a game-high seven assists while tallying five rebounds, one block and two steals in 38 minutes.
- Cassie Rochel had double figure rebounds for the fifth straight game. The 6-4 post finished with a game-high 14 rebounds, just one off her career best.
- Tessa Cichy tied her career high with 6 rebounds.
- Morgan Paige scored in double figures for the 23rd time this season. Paige leads the team while Jacki Gulczynski ranks second with 10-or-more points in 20 games.
- Cassie Rochel led all players with four blocks. She continues to lead the Big Ten with 2.6 blocks per game.
- Jacki Gulczynski took 20 field goal attempts, the second highest attempts for a Badger this season.
- Senior Tiera Stephen tallied a game-high seven assists to go over 200 assists in her three seasons at UW.
- Jacki Gulczynski pulled down five rebounds to go over 200 career boards. She also went over 400 career points tonight. She has 203 rebounds and 418 points in her second season.
Other Big Ten scores
Michigan State 68, No. 25 Purdue 61 (West Lafayette, Ind.)
Michigan 55, Northwestern 50 (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Ohio State 64, Illinois 53 (Champaign, Ill.)
Iowa 75, Indiana 70 (Iowa City, Iowa)
Minnesota 89, No. 7 Penn State 81 (Minneapolis, Minn.)