Feb. 3, 2013
Box Score |
Game Notes vs. Illinois
Feb. 3, 2013
Kohl Center, Madison, Wis.
- Wisconsin went 17-of-19 (89.5 percent) from the free throw line, the second highest makes this season.
- The Badgers turned the ball over 27 times, a Big Ten-season high and the second highest single-game total this season. UW turned the ball over 31 times vs. Alabama on Dec. 1.
- Illinois recorded an opponent season-high 19 steals. The Illini average 15.3 steals per game in Big Ten play to lead the conference.
- Wisconsin outrebounded Illinois 35-31, the first time this season that UW has outrebounded a Big Ten opponent. It was also the first time since Delaware State (Dec. 27) that the Badgers have outrebounded a foe.
- For the second-straight game, the Badgers tallied just five steals in a game, tying for the second-lowest single-game total of the season.
- Today's game drew a season-high crowd of 7,614.
- Morgan Paige led all scorers with 23 points, her fifth straight game in double figures. It was also her eighth game this season with 20-or-more points. The 5-9 guard was 6-of-14 (.429) from the field, including 3-of-9 (.333) from 3-point range, and 8-of-9 (.889) from the free throw line. She also added two steals, playing in all 40 minutes.
- Senior Tiera Stephen scored a career-high 14 points on 5-of-11 shooting (45.5 percent). The 5-7 point guard was a perfect 4-of-4 from the free throw line and also added eight rebounds, five assists and two steals, playing in all 40 minutes.
- For the first time in five games, sophomore Jacki Gulczynski did not play the entire 40 minutes. She finished with 10 points, her 15th straight game in double figures. The 6-1 forward led the Badgers with nine rebounds. Gulczynski has played at least 39 minutes her last eight games.