Jan. 20, 2013
Box Score |
Wisconsin vs. Ohio State
Jan. 20, 2013
Madison, Wis. – Kohl Center
- The Badgers collected their first Big Ten win of the season, snapping a six-game losing streak.
- With nine wins on the season, UW has matched its season total from a year ago.
- The win over Ohio State broke a 20-game series losing streak for the Badgers. Wisconsin had not beaten OSU since Feb. 25, 2001.
- Wisconsin was a perfect 15-of-15 from the free throw line. That’s just the fourth time in school history that UW has been perfect from the line with at least 14 attempts in a game. The last time was when the Badgers went 20-of-20 against Western Kentucky on March 28, 2007.
- UW outscored Ohio State 43-20 in the second half, shooting 60.0 percent from the field (18-of-30) while limiting Ohio State to just five field goals after halftime (5-of-25, .200).
- Wisconsin’s 68 points were the most since scoring 83 in a win over Delaware State on Dec. 28.
- Four of the Badgers’ five starters (Rochel, Paige, Stephen, Gulczynski) played all 40 minutes. UW did not sub in the second half and went to its bench for only three minutes the entire game.
- Today’s win was the first for the Badgers win this season after trailing at halftime.
- The Badgers turned the ball over just 12 times, their second-lowest single game total of the season.
- Wisconsin dished off 17 assists, its second-highest total of the season.
- Ohio State took an opponent season-low 47 field goal attempts. The Buckeyes also tied a season low for steals (4) and blocks (1).
- Morgan Paige led all scorers with 28 points, just one shy of her career high. She made all 11 of her free throw attempts, just the fifth time in history a Badger player has made at least 11 free throws in a game without missing one. Paige has now made 23 straight free throws dating back to the Minnesota game on Jan. 6. The UW record for consecutive free throws made is 25, set by Michele Kozelka over three games from Dec. 1-Dec. 12, 1989.
- Jacki Gulczynski has made 22 straight free throws, just three shy of the UW record of 25 set by Kozelka. Gulczynski finished with 14 points (all in the second half) and has scored in double figures in 12 consecutive games.
- Cassie Rochel pulled down a career-high 14 rebounds, besting her old mark of 13 set earlier this season against Green Bay. She also added a career-high five assists and tallied all three of the UW’s blocks.
- Tierra Stephen’s eight assists were just one shy of her career high.