July 2, 2013
MADISON, Wis. -- The University of Wisconsin men's soccer team announced its 2013 schedule Tuesday, featuring matches against eight teams that participated in the 2012 NCAA tournament. UW's 2013 schedule also includes nine home games, including eight that are in primetime.
"The 2013 schedule provides our group with some outstanding matches for the fall," UW head coach"John Trask said. "To play eight teams who appeared in the NCAA tournament presents great challenges for us and I believe this team is prepared to compete with some of the best teams in the country."
The Badgers welcome four of those eight 2012 NCAA Tournament squads to the McClimon Complex, highlighted by a visit from defending NCAA National Champion and eight-time College Cup winner, Indiana on Friday, Oct. 11 at 7 p.m. (CT). UW outlasted the Hoosiers, 2-0, during their last meeting to the McClimon Complex on Oct. 2, 2011, to give IU its first loss of the season.
The season begins with an exhibition match at the University of Illinois-Chicago on Aug. 19. UW returns home for a friendly against Green Bay on Aug. 24 before opening the season on the road at UMKC (Aug. 31).
Wisconsin welcomes Western Michigan to the McClimon Complex for its home opener on Sept. 6 at 7:30 p.m. (CT), the first of eight matches that will be played at home in primetime. Following a visit from DePaul on Sept. 8 for a 2:30 p.m. contest, the Badgers will hit the road for three-straight matches, including their Big Ten opener at Penn State (Sept. 29).
• Aug. 19 - Exhibition at UIC (Flames Field, Chicago, Ill. - 7 p.m. CT)
Badgers kick off preseason with a friendly against the Flames. Trask served as head coach at UIC from 2005-09.
• Aug. 24 vs. Green Bay (McClimon Complex - 5 p.m. CT)
UW's returns home for a friendly against the Phoenix. Badgers won last meeting, 3-0, on Oct. 17, 2012.
• Aug. 31 at UMKC (Durwood Stadium, Kansas City, Mo. - 7 p.m. CT)
Wisconsin's season opener ... Badgers and Kangaroos to meet for second time ever ... UW defeated UMKC, 2-0, on Oct. 24, 2012.
• Sept. 6 vs. Western Michigan (McClimon Complex - 7:30 p.m. CT)
Badgers' 2013 home opener ... UW owns 3-0-0 all-time record and has shutout Western Michigan in all three meetings ... teams have not met since 2007.
• Sept. 8 vs. DePaul (McClimon Complex - 2:30 p.m. CT)
First meeting between DePaul and UW since 2004 ... Badgers lead all-time series 7-0-0 and have conceded just one goal ... UW defeated Blue Demons, 1-0, on Oct. 17, 2004.
• Sept. 12 at South Florida (Corbett Soccer Stadium, Tampa, Fla. - 7 p.m. CT)
First ever meeting between South Florida and UW ... Badgers second road trip of season.
• Sept. 14 at Florida Gulf-Coast (FGCU Soccer Complex, Fort Myers, Fla. - 7 p.m. CT)
Badgers to battle Eagles for first time in program history ... second-straight road match.
• Sept. 20 vs. IPFW (Flames Field, Chicago, Ill. - 5 p.m. CT)
Badgers will meet the Mastodons for just second time in school history ... match will be first of two games played at UIC facility in Chicago.
• Sept. 22 vs. Gonzaga (Flames Field, Chicago, Ill. - 11 a.m. CT)
UW owns 3-0-0 record against the Bulldogs ... game marks final regular season neutral site match.
• Sept. 29 at Penn State (Jeffrey Field, University Park, Pa. - 1:30 p.m. CT)
UW's Big Ten opener ... Badgers defeated 2012 Big Ten Champions, 1-0, in double-OT during last trip to University Park, Pa.
• Oct. 2 vs. Marquette (McClimon Complex - 7 p.m. CT)
Wisconsin owns 17-12-8 all-time series record vs. Marquette ... Badgers own 3-0-2 record vs. Golden Eagles in Madison dating back to 2003.
• Oct. 8 vs. Drake (McClimon Complex - 7 p.m. CT)
UW leads all-time series, 8-2-0 ... Badgers own 3-1-0 record vs. Drake in Madison.
• Oct. 11 vs. Indiana (McClimon Complex - 7 p.m. CT)
UW's Big Ten home opener ... Badgers and Hoosiers have met 44 times since 1977 ... UW shutout Indiana, 2-0, during last visit to Madison on Oct. 2, 2011.
• Oct. 15 vs. Western Illinois (McClimon Complex - 7 p.m. CT)
Badgers own 8-3-2 record vs. Western Illinois dating back to 1981 ... UW is 6-2-1 vs. Western Illinois at home ... Badgers have not lost to Leathernecks in three-straight matches.
• Oct. 20 at Michigan (U-M Soccer Stadium, Ann Arbor, Mich. - Noon CT)
Badgers won each of last two road matches vs. Wolverines ... UW recorded victories in three of last four meetings vs. Michigan.
• Oct. 23 at Milwaukee (Engelmann Stadium, Milwaukee, Wis. - 8 p.m. CT)
UW is undefeated in last six meetings vs. Milwaukee ... Badgers shutout Panthers in each of last two visits to Engelmann Stadium.
• Oct. 27 vs. Michigan State (McClimon Complex - 1 p.m. CT)
UW leads all-time series 21-10-4 ... Badgers are undefeated vs. Spartans in Madison dating back to 2007.
• Oct. 30 vs. Eastern Illinois (McClimon Complex - 7 p.m. CT)
Badgers' final non-conference home match ... UW owns 5-2-0 record vs. Eastern Illinois and have not lost to Panthers since 1984.
• Nov. 3 at Northwestern (Lakeside Field, Evanston, Ill. - 1 p.m. CT)
Wisconsin leads all-time series vs. Northwestern, 25-9-5 ... UW owns 3-2-1 record in last six meetings with Wildcats.
• Nov. 8 vs. Ohio State (McClimon Complex - 7 p.m. CT)
UW's regular season finale ... marks 30th meeting between Badgers and Buckeyes.
2013 Wisconsin men's soccer schedule (All times central)
Aug. 19 at UIC (Exhibition - 7 p.m.)
AUG. 24 GREEN BAY (Exhibition - 5 p.m.)
Aug. 31 at UMKC (7 p.m.)
SEPT. 6 WESTERN MICHIGAN (7:30 p.m.)
SEPT. 8 DEPAUL (2:30 p.m.)
Sept. 12 at South Florida (7 p.m.)
Sept. 14 at Florida Gulf-Coast (7 p.m.)
Sept. 20 vs. IPFW (5 p.m.)
Sept. 22 vs. Gonzaga (11 a.m.)
Sept. 29 at Penn State* (1:30 p.m.)
OCT. 2 MARQUETTE (7 p.m.)
OCT. 8 DRAKE (7 p.m.)
OCT. 11 INDIANA* (7 p.m.)
OCT. 15 WESTERN ILLINOIS (7 p.m.)
Oct. 20 at Michigan* (Noon)
Oct. 23 at Milwaukee (8 p.m.)
OCT. 27 MICHIGAN STATE* (1 p.m.)
OCT. 30 EASTERN ILLINOIS (7 p.m.)
Nov. 3 at Northwestern* (1 p.m.)
NOV. 8 OHIO STATE* (7 p.m.)
Nov. 13-17 Big Ten Tournament (Columbus, Ohio)