Nov. 12, 2011
Final Stats |
Wisconsin at Minnesota
Nov. 12, 2011
TCF Bank Stadium – Minneapolis, Minn.
• Wisconsin has now won eight straight games against Minnesota, its longest winning streak in the series. This was the Badgers’ fourth consecutive win in Minneapolis, its longest road winning streak in the series.
• With today’s results in the Big Ten (a Wisconsin win and losses by Penn State and Ohio State) the Badgers now control their own destiny in the Leaders Division with two games to play.
• Wisconsin held Minnesota to 156 yards of total offense, the lowest total by a UW opponent this season.
• With 461, Wisconsin gained more than 400 yards of total offense for the eighth time this season.
• Wisconsin has scored a touchdown off its last 11 turnovers gained. The Badgers have turned every turnover they have forced in Big Ten play into a TD.
• The Badgers converted each of their six red-zone chances into touchdowns Saturday, improving their nation-leading red-zone touchdown percentage to .870 (47 of 54)
• With four TD passes today, senior QB Russell Wilson now has 25 on the season, breaking the UW single-season record for TD passes. Wilson also became just the 13th QB in FBS history -- and fifth from a BCS conference -- to pass for at least 100 TDs in a career. He is on pace to become just the fourth QB in Big Ten history to throw at least 30 TDs in a season.
• Wilson’s four TD passes today are tied for third-most in school history. He becomes the eighth Badgers QB to throw at least four TD passes in a game and the first since Scott Tolzien threw four against Northwestern on Nov. 27, 2010.
• Wilson was a perfect 13-of-13 for 162 yards and 3 TDs in the first half. That equates to a pass efficiency of 280.8. He connected on his first 16 passes today and last five of the Purdue game, giving him a streak of 21 straight completions.
• Wilson has thrown at least one touchdown pass in 34 straight games, two shy of the NCAA record (36 by Texas Tech’s Graham Harrell).
• Junior RB Montee Ball has scored at least two touchdowns in every game this season. With three TDs today he now has 27 TDs on the season, which is a Wisconsin and Big Ten single-season record.
• Ball also has 23 rushing TDs on the season, also a school record.
• Ball reached the 100-yard mark for the sixth time this season and 12th time in his career, finishing with 23 carries for 166 yards. He is averaging 147.0 yards per game in Big Ten play.
• Senior WR Nick Toon tied a career high with a pair of TD receptions, his third multiple-TD game of the season. Toon leads the Badgers with eight TDs on the season and has 16 in his career. He is tied for fourth on UW’s single-season TD receptions list and tied for fifth on the career list.
• Toon finished with a career-high eight catches for 100 yards. It was his second 100-yard game of the season and third of his career.
• Sophomore TE Jacob Pedersen had his eighth TD reception of the season, tying him for the team lead.
• Senior CB Antonio Fenelus recorded his third interception of the season and eighth of his career, picking off a second-quarter pass.
• Junior LB Mike Taylor finished with a game-high 13 tackles, his fifth double-digit tackle game of the season.