Final Stats |
Wisconsin vs. Arizona State
Sun Devil Stadium - Tempe, Ariz.
Sept. 14, 2013
• Arizona State’s touchdown in the second quarter broke a string of 12 straight quarters (dating back to last year’s Rose Bowl) that Wisconsin’s defense had not surrendered a TD.
• The Badgers’ captains tonight were DE Tyler Dippel, OLB Brendan Kelly, RB James White and TE Brian Wozniak.
• The game time temperature of 98 degrees ties for the warmest temperature for a Badgers game in history. The other 98-degree game was at UNLV on Sept. 8, 2007.
• Sophomore RB Melvin Gordon scored on an 80-yard run on the first offensive play of the second half. He now has a 60+ yard run in four of his last five games, and has seven career runs of longer than 45 yards.
• Gordon went over 100 rushing yards for the third time this season and fourth time in the last five games. He finished with 193 yards on 15 carries for an average of 12.9 yards per carry. Gordon has rushed for 744 yards on 55 carries over his last five games, averaging 13.5 per rush in that span and rushing for at least 140 yards in four of those games.
• Senior TE Jacob Pedersen’s 2-yard touchdown reception was his first of the season and the 15th of his career. That ties him with Pat Richter and Lee DeRamus for ninth on UW’s all-time list.
• Senior DT Beau Allen recovered a fumbled snap on a punt for a touchdown in the second quarter. It was Allen’s first career fumble recovery. He is the first Badger defensive player to score a touchdown since Marcus Cromartie returned an interception for a TD vs. Nebraska in the 2012 Big Ten Championship game. He is the first UW player to recover a fumble for a touchdown since Louis Nzegwu returned a fumble 33 yards for a TD vs. Oregon in the 2012 Rose Bowl.
• Senior FS Dezmen Southward recorded his first interception of the season and second of his career in the third quarter.