Aug. 26, 2010
• Wisconsin’s 2010-11 Schedule | Printable 2010-11 Schedule
MADISON, Wis. -- The Big Ten Conference announced the 2010-11 conference schedule Thursday, revealing dates, times and TV coverage for Wisconsin’s 18-game Big Ten slate. The Badgers have finished among the top four teams in the conference standings for nine consecutive seasons, winning three regular season Big Ten titles over that span.
Here are a few notes about the Badgers’ 2010-11 Big Ten schedule:
• Wisconsin will play a minimum of 14 games vs. teams that made the postseason last year, including at least nine games vs. 2010 NCAA Tournament teams. UW could face up to two additional 2010 NCAA tourney teams at the Old Spice Classic.
• UW will have 26 of its 30 games broadcast on national television this year with the remaining four contests streamed live on ESPN3 and BigTenNetwork.com.
• Among those 26 televised games, Wisconsin will host Michigan State on CBS on Feb. 6 and appear on the ESPN family of networks between 10 and 12 times.
• The Badgers will open the Big Ten schedule with a home date against Minnesota. This marks the second year in a row UW has started the conference slate at home. Last season the Badgers knocked off No. 15 Ohio State at home in the Big Ten lid-lifter.
• Wisconsin will face Minnesota and Iowa only once during the 2010-11 season. The Badgers open conference play at home against the Gophers on Dec. 28 and their only meeting with the Hawkeyes will be Feb. 9 in Iowa City.
• The season could possibly come to a crescendo for UW during in a particularly daunting five-game stretch in early February that features four games against the top three finishers from last season. Wisconsin will play two match-ups with Purdue as well as dates with Michigan State and Ohio State during that span. Those three teams had a combined record of 86-23 (.789) in 2009-10.
• The Badgers’ Dec. 28 Big Ten start date will mark UW’s earliest conference opener since the 1966-67 season, when Wisconsin tipped off the at Illinois on Dec. 19.