Charlie Wills played in every game (129 straight) over his four-year collegiate career at Wisconsin (1998-2002) and started 61 of them. Wills is fourth on Wisconsins all-time games played list and started all 32 games his senior year. In his final year as a Badger, he recorded a career-high 21 points, including 9-of-11 from the free throw line, against Ohio State. Wills averaged 30.2 minutes per game and had 58 assists. He was the Badgers second leading scorer during Big Ten play at 11.7 ppg and was second on the team and 17th in the conference in rebounding averaging 5.2 rebounds per game his senior year.
1. Where are you currently living
Sun Prairie, WI
2. Can you explain your current affiliation with the team
I am on the Men's Basketball Booster Board and visit practices occasionally
3. How often do you attend Badgers basketball games
I usually make it to almost every game because I have season tickets
4. Which former teammates do you still keep in contact with
Roy Boone, Mark Vershaw, Andy Kowske, Mike Kelley, Zach Morley, Clayton Hanson, Sharif Chambliss, Kirk Penney, Mike Wilkinson, and others that I didn't play with but see around town or get together with at events.
5. What is your greatest memory as a member of the Badger men's basketball team
Winning a Big Ten Championship.....okay the Final Four was pretty amazing too! :o)
6. What do you do for a living
Real estate agent with First Weber Group in the Madison area
7. Did you play any basketball after your collegiate career
No...unless you are counting old man recreational leagues :o)
8. Anything you would like to tell Badger fans
I would like to tell them that they are the greatest and most loyal fans in the country! They made my experience in Madison that much better. I still enjoy talking with Badger fans about basketball and what their experiences were during my time at Wisconsin. I especially want to give them a big THANK YOU!