Dec. 22, 2012
Final Stats |
Wisconsin vs. Milwaukee
Kohl Center -- Madison, Wis. -- Dec. 22, 2012
• Wisconsin improved to 173-16 (.915) at the Kohl Center under Bo Ryan, including a mark of 89-7 (.927) in non-conference home games.
• The Badgers won their 20th consecutive game over Milwaukee, improving to 29-1 all-time against the Panthers, including a mark of 19-1 in Madison.
• Bo Ryan-led teams are 29-7 (.800) in the in-state round-robin with Marquette (6-6), Milwaukee (12-0) and Green Bay (11-1).
• UW went on a 14-0 run early, turning an 8-10 deficit into a 22-10 lead with 10:34 left in the first half. Milwaukee was held scoreless for a stretch of 4:54 during that run.
• The Badgers held their 15th-consecutive home opponent to 60 or fewer points, the longest active streak in the nation and the third-longest in NCAA Div. 1 since 1996-97.
• Under Bo Ryan, Wisconsin is now 115-1 (.991) at home when holding teams below 60 points.
• UW led 41-18 at the half, marking the fourth time this season that the Badgers have held an opponent below 20 points in the first half.
• Wisconsin out-rebounded Milwaukee 36-21, including a 10-3 margin on the offensive glass. UW is 7-0 this season when grabbing more rebounds than its opponents.
• The Badgers shot a season-best 50.0 percent from 3-point range, going 7-for-14 from long distance.
• UW went 11-for-13 at the free throw line. The Badgers 84.6 percent shooting was the team’s second-highest mark of the season.
• Senior forward Ryan Evans tallied a season-high 19 points, along with 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 steal.
• Senior forward Jared Berggren reached double figures for the 10th time on the year. He finished with 11 points, 7 rebounds. He also tallied his Big Ten-best 21st block on the season.
• Berggren now has 92 career blocks, equaling Louis Ely (1991-93) for eighth place in UW career annals.
• Sophomore guard Traevon Jackson scored a career-high 13 points, to go with 2 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals.
• Senior forward Mike Bruesewitz returned to action after missing each of the last two games with a concussion. He scored 8 points and grabbed 5 rebounds in 26 minutes of action.