Box Score |
Wisconsin vs. Cal Poly
Dec. 16. 2009
• Wisconsin improves to 8-2 on the season.
• UW is now 126-10 (.926) at home during the Bo Ryan era, the third-best record in the nation over that span.
• The Badgers scored 90 points in the game, the most since tallying 98 against Gardner-Webb on Dec. 27, 2006
• Cal Poly scored 42 points Wednesday night, the fewest points for a UW opponent since the Badgers held Penn State to 44 points in a 54-44 win on Feb. 8, 2009.
• The Badgers’ 48-point margin of victory is UW’s largest since defeating Florida A&M by 48 points in a 88-40 win on Nov. 16, 2007.
• The Badgers’ 13 3-pointers are the most since UW knocked down 13 shots from beyond the arc against Florida A&M (11/16/07).
• Wisconsin scored 51 points in the first half vs. Cal Poly. That is UW’s most points in a half since scoring 52 in the first half of a 98-40 win over Gardner-Webb (12/27/06).
• Wisconsin made eight 3-pointers in the first half vs. Cal Poly. UW’s previous season high for treys in a half was seven, which came in the first half vs. Maryland (11/25/09)
• The Badgers shot 64.3 percent from the field in the first half vs. Cal Poly. That is UW’s highest first-half field goal percentage of the year and its highest for a half since making 66.7 percent of its shots in the second half of an 84-88 loss at Green Bay (12/9/09).
• Wisconsin held Cal Poly to just 19 points in the first half. That is the lowest opponent total for a half since limiting Grambling State to 19 points in the second half of a 79-46 win (12/5/09).
• Cal Poly shot just five free throws in the game, the fewest for a UW opponent since Coppin State made 1-of-2 against the Badgers on Dec. 20, 2008.
• The Badgers had four players (Jon Leuer, Keaton Nankivil, Trevon Hughes and Jason Bohannon) score in double figures, the second time this season UW has had four players finish in double-figure scoring. Wisconsin also had four double-figure scorers in a 79-46 win over Grambling State (Leuer, Hughes, Bohannon and Jordan Taylor)
• With a jumper from the wing at the 14:24 mark of the first half, Trevon Hughes became the 34th member of UW’s 1,000-point club. He is the eighth player from the Bo Ryan era to top the 1,000 mark for career points. Hughes finished the game with 20 points, giving him 1,011 career points.
• Hughes topped the 20-point mark for the fifth time this season and 13th time in his UW career. Wisconsin is 4-1 when Hughes scores 20 more in 2009-10.
• Junior Jon Leuer scored 15 points in the game. That is his seventh-straight double-figure scoring game and ninth of the season. Leuer has 24 career games in double digits.
• Junior Keaton Nankivil finished with 12 points vs. Cal Poly. He now owns eight double-digit scoring games in his career and three this season.
• Jason Bohannon tallied 12 points, giving him 42 career games in double figures, including 6 this season.
• Jordan Taylor finished with nine points and a career-high seven assists.