Final Stats |
#4 Wisconsin vs. Eastern Kentucky
Dec. 14, 2013
Kohl Center – Madison, Wis.
• With the win, Wisconsin is off to a 12-0 start, the team’s best start of the modern era (since 1946). The Badgers did post a pair of 15-0 seasons in 1911-12 and 1913-14.
• The Badgers’ 12 straight wins also matches the school’s second-longest win streak in the modern era. The UW record is 17 consecutive wins in the 2006-07 season.
• Wisconsin is just the ninth Big Ten team to start the season 12-0 since 2001-02.
• Bo Ryan improved to 303-113 (.728) in 13 seasons at Wisconsin. Ryan is also now 686-216 (.761) during his 30 years of coaching in the college ranks.
• UW is 129-30 (.811) in non-conference games under Ryan.
• The Badgers improved to 188-18 (.913) at home under Bo Ryan, including a 97-7 (.933) record in non-conference home tilts.
• A 21-3 run by Wisconsin over 7:59 of the first half turned an 8-7 deficit at 14:31 into 28-11 lead at 6:32. EKU went 1-for-9 from the floor with 5 turnovers during that run.
• Wisconsin shot a season-high 60.5 percent from the field, the team’s highest mark since shooting 62.0 percent against North Dakota on Nov. 16, 2010.
• The Badgers made 9-of-15 (.600) shots from 3-point range, the third time Wisconsin has shot 60 percent from downtown this season.
• UW went 25-and-33 (.758) from the free throw line. The Badgers are 97-11 (.898) in the Bo Ryan era, when shooting 25 free throws or more.
• This marks the eighth game for Wisconsin with at least four double-figure scorers and the third consecutive such game.
• Eastern Kentucky's 23 points in the first half were a season low.
• Wisconsin's 86 were the most allowed by Eastern Kentucky this season and the fourth time UW has topped 80 this season. The Badgers have scored at least 75 points in 6 of their 12 games this season and at least 70 in 8 of 12 games.
• Wisconsin had 11 turnovers against an EKU team that entered the game forcing an average of 18.2 per contest. UW entered the game leading the nation averaging just 8.9 turnovers per game.
• Senior Ben Brust led Wisconsin with 20 points, the sixth 20-point game of his career and first of the season. Brust knocked down 5 of 8 3-point attempts, having hit multiple treys in 11 of 12 games this season. He also pulled down 6 rebounds.
• Freshman Nigel Hayes scored a career-high 17 points off the bench, connecting on 13 of 17 at the free throw line. Hayes’s 17 free throw attempts are the most by a Badger since Jordan Taylor attempted 18 vs. Illinois on Jan. 15, 2011.
• Junior Frank Kaminsky scored 13 points and grabbed 6 rebounds. UW is 13-0 all-time when Kaminsky scores in double figures.
• Sophomore Sam Dekker finished with 16 points to go with 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block and 1 steal. He has scored in double figures in 10 of 12 games this season.