Final Stats |
USATSI Gallery |
Wisconsin vs. Marquette
Dec. 7, 2013
Kohl Center - Madison, Wis.
• With the win, Wisconsin is off to a 10-0 start for the first time since the 1993-94 season when they opened the season 11-0 under head coach Stu Jackson.
• Wisconsin now owns eight wins over the RPI top 100 (according to ESPN.com), the most in the nation. UMass, UConn and Syracuse are second with five.
• Bo Ryan improved to 301-113 (.727) in 13 seasons at Wisconsin. Ryan is also now 684-216 (.760) during his 30 years of coaching in the college ranks, and Saturday's game was Ryan's 900th game as a college coach.
• UW is 127-30 (.809) in non-conference games under Ryan.
• The Badgers improved to 222-30 (.881) in games at the Kohl Center. Wisconsin is 186-18 (.912) at home under Bo Ryan, including a 95-7 (.931) record in non-conference home tilts.
• Wisconsin is now 65-55 against Marquette in UW's most played non-conference series. UW also improved to 38-16 against MU in games played in Madison.
• Bo Ryan also improved to 7-6 against Marquette. Under Ryan, the Badgers have a 31-6 ledger in the in-state round robin with Marquette, Milwaukee and Green Bay.
• UW had five players score double-digits points for the fourth time this season.
• The Badgers committed a season-low six turnovers.
• Wisconsin made its final eight free throws in the final 28 seconds, and finished the game 19-of-23 (.826) from the charity stripe.
• The Badgers shot 40.0 percent from the field today. Wisconsin has now shot 40 percent or better in nine of 10 games this year.
• Sophomore Sam Dekker finished with his second career double-double pouring in 20 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. He finished the game scoring double-figures for the 17th time in his last 22 games, including 8 of 10 games this year. Dekker's double-double comes on the heels of recording his first double-double against West Virginia on Nov. 27.
• With 10 rebounds today, Dekker is now averaging 8.5 rebounds per game over the past four games.
• Senior Ben Brust tallied 13 points and tied a season-high mark with 39 minutes. Brust has now scored double-digits seven times this year and 35 times in his career.
• Sophomore Traevon Jackson finished with 12 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Jackson has scored in double-digits seven times this year.
• Junior Frank Kaminsky scored all 11 of his points in the second half. He has hit double-digit scoring in seven of the past eight games.
• Junior Josh Gasser finished with 10 points and was a perfect 6-of-6 from the free throw line. He chipped in a season-high four assists and three rebounds.
• Freshman Bronson Koenig scored two points and tied a career high with three rebounds.