Dec. 7, 2011
Box Score |
Wisconsin vs. Green Bay
Kohl Center -- Madison, Wis.
Dec. 7, 2011
• No. 14 Wisconsin snapped a two-game losing streak with a 70-42 win. The Badgers have now won 42 consecutive home games against unranked non-conference foes.
• UW is now 157-12 (.929) at home under Bo Ryan, including a mark of 79-6 (.929) against non-conference opponents.
• Wisconsin improved to 17-1 all-time against Green Bay, including a 15-0 mark in Madison.
• With an official attendance of 17,076, Wisconsin’s streak of consecutive sellouts was snapped at 143 games. The Badgers had sold out every game at the Kohl Center since 2003.
• The Badgers held Green Bay to 42 points, marking the sixth time in nine games that UW has held its opponent below 50 points this season. UW leads the nation in scoring defense at 44.2 points per game.
• Wisconsin is 66-2 under Bo Ryan when holding opponents to fewer than 50 points.
• Dating back to last season, UW has now held 13 consecutive foes to 65 or fewer points, the nation’s longest such active streak.
• The Badgers forced Green Bay into 16 turnovers -- the second-most by a UW opponent this season -- and translated that into a 21-0 advantage in points off turnovers.
• UW finished with a 16 assists against 6 turnovers, improving its season assist-to-turnover ratio to 1.77. The Badgers entered the game ranked No. 5 nationally.
• Wisconsin matched its season high with 7 blocks.
• Senior Jordan Taylor finished with a career-high 10 assists and no turnovers. Combined with his 15 points, Taylor posted just the second points and assists double-double by a UW player since 1993 (Josh Gasser: 10 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists on Jan. 23, 2011)
• Taylor tied Gasser for the most assists by a UW player since Mike Kelley had 12 vs. Maryland on Nov. 29, 2000.
• Junior Jared Berggren scored 13 points, his sixth double-figure scoring game of the season and the seventh of his career. Berggren also had a career-high 4 steals and matched his career high with 3 blocks.
• Junior Ryan Evans scored 13 points for his fifth double-digit scoring performance of the year.
• Senior Rob Wilson recorded a career-high 2 blocks.
• Junior Mike Bruesewitz tied his season high with 8 rebounds.
• Freshman Traevon Jackson scored a career-high 4 points.
• Redshirt freshman Evan Anderson scored his first career points, finishing with 2.