Final Stats |
Wisconsin vs. California
Kohl Center -- Madison, Wis. -- Dec. 2, 2012
• Wisconsin improved to 115-30 (.793) in non-conference games under head coach Bo Ryan, including an 86-7 (.925) mark at the Kohl Center.
• UW improved to 3-5 all-time vs. California and is 23-31 all-time vs. members of the Pac-12 Conference.
• The Badgers used a 14-0 run during the first half to turn a 6-5 deficit into a 19-6 lead with 10:46 remaining. Wisconsin held Cal scoreless for a stretch of 4:33 during that run.
• UW held Cal to a season-low 56 points. The Golden Bears’ previous low came in a 68-57 win over Georgia Tech on Nov. 23. Cal entered the game averaging 74.7 points per game.
• Wisconsin is 4-0 on the season when holding opponents to 60 points or fewer.
• California scored a first half season-low 24 points. Its previous low total was 29 in a 72-61 win over Denver on Nov. 16.
• Wisconsin tallied 16 steals, the second-highest total in school history. UW matched the Kohl Center record of 16 set vs. New Hampshire on Dec. 11, 2002 and finished one shy of the school record of 17 (vs. Michigan State, Jan. 7, 1988).
• UW forced Cal into a season-high 23 turnovers, scoring 25 points off those turnovers. It marked the second time this season Wisconsin has forced 20-plus turnovers (Florida, 20).
• The Badgers shot 51.7 percent from the field, improving to 5-0 this season when posting a better field-goal percentage than their opponent. UW has won 77 of its last 78 games when out-shooting its opponent. Wisconsin has shot better than 50 percent from the field three times this season.
• UW got 10-plus points from four players (Ben Brust, 22; Jared Berggren, 18; Ryan Evans, 13; and Sam Dekker, 10), the third time this season that the Badgers have had at least four players score in double-figures. The Badgers are 3-0 in those games.
• Wisconsin owned a 36-30 edge in rebounding, improving to 5-0 on the season when owning an advantage on the glass. Cal entered the game averaging 41.0 rebounds per game.
• Junior guard Ben Brust scored a season-high 22 points on 9-for-13 shooting, including a 3-for-6 performance from 3-point range. Brust also pulled down 5 rebounds, dished out 4 assists and had 3 steals. It is the second 20-point game of the season for Brust, and the fourth of his career.
• Senior forward Jared Berggren scored 18 points on 7-for-9 shooting from the floor to finish in double figures for the fourth-consecutive game and the seventh time this season. He added 8 rebounds and 2 steals.
• Senior forward Ryan Evans scored 13 points on 5-for-9 shooting and added 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks.
• Freshman forward Sam Dekker scored 10 points in the first half off the bench and added 5 rebounds.
• Senior forward Mike Bruesewitz posted a career-high 5 steals to go along with 8 points and 8 rebounds.