Dec. 1, 2010
Box Score |
• With their win, the Badgers improved to 6-6 in BigTen/ACC Challenge games all-time, including three straight wins.
• UW is now 4-1 in Big Ten/ACC Challenge games played at the Kohl Center.
• Wisconsin has now won six consecutive games vs. ACC opponents.
• The Badgers’ 87 points mark their second-highest scoring output in a Challenge contest. UW put up 88 in a 91-88 loss to Wake Forest in 2005.
• Wisconsin held NC State scoreless for a span of 10:12 at the end of the first half and beginning of the second half. Over that stretch, the Badgers ripped off a 23-0 run, taking the score from 29-21 to 52-21.
• Wisconsin has now forced opponents into 13 droughts of 4:00 or longer this season, an average of 1.9 scoreless stretches per game.
• The Badgers also forced the Wolfpack into a scoreless streak of 3:51, from the 13:51 mark to the 10:00 mark of the first half.
• The Badgers shot 50.0 percent from the field in both the first and second halves, the sixth and seventh times UW has posted a mark of 50.0 percent or higher in a half this year.
• Wisconsin had two 20-point scorers Wednesday night, for the second time this season. The Badgers had three players reach 20 points (Jon Leuer 24, Josh Gasser 21, Jordan Taylor 20) in the season-opener vs. Prairie View A&M.
• The Badgers committed just six turnovers Wednesday, their fourth-consecutive game with eight or fewer turnovers. Over that span, the Badgers have a team assist-to-turnover ratio of +2.62 and are averaging just 5.3 turnovers per game.
• UW connected on 55 percent of its shots from 3-point range, the team’s highest mark since shooting 72.7 percent (8-for-11) at Indiana on Feb. 25, 2010.
• In its three home games this season, UW owns an overall team field-goal percentage of .534. The Badgers’ percentage in four games away from home is .384.
• By hauling down 41 rebounds to NC State’s 30, the Badgers out-rebounded their sixth opponent in seven games this season. Under Bo Ryan, UW is 162-24 (.871) when pulling down more boards than its opponent.
• In holding the Wolfpack to 48 points, the Badgers have now held three opponents to 50 points or fewer and are allowing, on average, 53.1 points per game. UW held 13 teams to 50 points or fewer last season.
• After getting to the free-throw line just 4 times in a loss to Notre Dame on Sunday,
UW went 20-for-26 (76.9 percent) from the stripe Wednesday.
• Senior Jon Leuer posted his fourth career double-double and the second of the season, finishing with 22 points and 11 rebounds. This marks his 14th-consecutive game scoring in double figures, and his 11th career 20-point game.
• Junior Jordan Taylor scored 21 points, the fifth 20-point game of his career.
• Sophomore Jared Berggren reached a new career high with 12 points on 3-for-3 shooting from 3-point range. Beggren is the eighth different UW player to post a double-figure scoring performance this season.