Nov. 21, 2013
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery
#12 Wisconsin vs. Bowling Green
Nov. 21, 2013
Kohl Center - Madison, Wis.
• With the win, Wisconsin has now started the season 5-0 for just the third time in the Bo Ryan era. The Badgers enjoyed their best start under Ryan in 2011-12 when they opened with a 6-0 record.
• With the win, Bo Ryan improved to 296-113 (.724) in 13 seasons at Wisconsin. Ryan is also now 679-216 (.759) during his 30 years of coaching in the college ranks.
• UW is 122-30 (.803) in non-conference games under Ryan.
• The Badgers improved to 184-18 (.911) at home under Bo Ryan, including a 93-7 (.930) record in non-conference home tilts.
• Thursday's game marked the 250th men's basketball game at the Kohl Center. UW is 220-30 (.880) overall in the building.
• The Badgers finished with six players scoring in double figures for the first time since 1995 when Jeremy Hall (19), Sean Mason (18), Sam Okey (17), Sean Daugherty (13), Hennssy Auriantal (11) and Osita Nwachukwa (11) did it against Eastern Illinois (12/28/95).
• Four different players have led the Badgers in scoring through five games.
• The Badgers shot 60.0 percent from 3-point range for the second consecutive game, going 12-of-20 in each of the last two contests. Prior to shooting 60.0 percent in Tuesday's win over, UW's last 60-percent effort from long range was in the 2011-12 season opener vs. Kennesaw State. UW has not had back-to-back games of 60 percent or better since at least the 1998-99 season.
• UW shot 54.9 percent from the field overall, its third game shooting at least 45.0 percent.
• UW connected on 20-of-26 free throws, marking the third time in five games that the Badgers have attempted at 25 free throws or more. Wisconsin is 95-11 all-time under Ryan when attempting at least 25 foul shots.
• Senior Ben Brust finished with a game-high and season-high 19 points, going 5-for-6 from 3-point range, his fourth double-digit scoring effort in five games. He also pulled down 6 rebounds, the third time this season he grabbed at least 6 boards. He has now made 5 or more triples in a game four times in his career.
• Junior Frank Kaminsky scored in double-figures for the third-consecutive game, finishing with 14 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Dating back to the second half of the Badgers' win over Green Bay (five halves), Kaminsky has scored 71 points on 72.2 percent shooting (26-for-36).
• Freshman Bronson Koenig scored a career-high 10 points on 4-for-6 shooting. He added the first 3 rebounds of his career and dished out 2 assists. He is now shooting 9-for-12 on the season and 4-for-5 from 3-point range.
• Sophomore Sam Dekker finished in double-figures (14 points) for the 14th time in his last 17 games, including all five this season.
• Junior Traevon Jackson finished with 13 points, the fourth time in five games that he's tallied at least 13 this season. He also pulled down 6 rebounds and matched his career high with 3 steals.
• Junior Josh Gasser finished with 11 points on 3-for-5 shooting from the floor and a 5-for-5 mark at the free throw line, and matched his season high with 3 assists.