Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
Wisconsin vs. Florida
Nov. 12, 2013
Kohl Center – Madison, Wis.
• With the win, Bo Ryan improved to 293-113 (.722) in 13 seasons at Wisconsin. Ryan also collected his 675th career win, and holds a 675-216 (.758) record during his 30 years of coaching in the college ranks.
are one of three teams in nation with two wins over teams from the Power 6 conferences. UMass (Boston College and LSU) and Baylor (Colorado/South Carolina) are the other two teams.
• Wisconsin won its home opener for the 16th-straight season, and are a perfect 16-0 in home openers at the Kohl Center.
• UW is 120-30 (.800) in non-conference games under Ryan.
• The Badgers improved to 182-18 (.910) at home under Bo Ryan, including a 91-7 (.929) record in non-conference home tilts. UW is 218-30 (.879) at the Kohl Center.
• Wisconsin improved to 21-6 against AP top-15 teams at the Kohl Center in the Bo Ryan era, and UW has won its past four against the AP top 15.
• Wisconsin is 31-11 (.738) against teams ranked in the AP Top 25 at the Kohl Center.
• Wisconsin is 2-2 all-time against Florida, with both triumphs coming at home. The Badgers defeated the Gators, 86-81, on Dec. 20, 1967 in the UW Field House.
• Wisconsin shot 43.8 percent from the floor, while holding Florida to a 40.4 clip. Wisconsin has won 91 of its 92 games when shooting a higher field goal percentage than its opponents.
• The Badgers trailed by as many as 12 points (16-4) in the first half. Keyed by a pair of Sam Dekker 3-pointers, UW went on a 22-8 run over 7 minutes, 28 seconds to take a 26-24 lead on a 3-pointer by Ben Brust with 3:28 left in the first half.
• Sophomore Sam Dekker finished with 16 points, including 10 points in the final 11 minutes of the half as the Badgers overcame a 16-4 deficit to take a 29-26 halftime lead.
• Junior Traevon Jackson scored 13 points to go with seven rebounds and a team-high four assists. His seven rebounds tied a career high he set last year at Northwestern.
• Senior Ben Brust was one rebound short of a double-double, as the guard chipped in 11 points and a game-high nine rebounds. Brust knocked down two 3-pointers and has hit multiple treys in 18 of his past 19 games.
• Freshman Nigel Hayes tallied a career-high eight points on 4-for-7 shooting off the bench and collected two rebounds. His four field goals and two rebounds were also career highs.
• Junior Frank Kaminsky finished with eight points, and was 2-for-4 from 3-point range. Kaminsky also added five rebounds, two blocks and two steals. His four 3-point attempts tied a career high.