March 27, 2014
Box Score |
Wisconsin vs. Baylor
NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Honda Center – Anaheim, Calif.
• Wisconsin advances to the Elite 8 for the third time in school history and the second time under Bo Ryan. UW’s last appearance in the NCAA regional final was in 2005 when the Badgers lost to eventual national champion, North Carolina, 88-82, in Syracuse, N.Y.
• Baylor’s 16 points in the first half were the Bears’ fewest in a half this season. Their previous low was 21 vs. Kansas State on Feb. 15. Baylor’s 52 points also tied their season low for a game (vs. Kansas on Feb. 4).
• Wisconsin has allowed just 164 points in three NCAA tournament games, an average of 54.7 points per game.
• The Badgers have won 29 games this season, third-most in school history. This year’s squad trails only the 2006-07 team (30 wins) and the 2007-08 team (31 wins).
• UW made 26-of-51 shots (.510) just the third time in school history the Badgers have made better than 50.0 percent of their shots in an NCAA Tournament game. The only better shooting games in NCAA play for UW came against Weber State in 2003 (31-of-58, .534) and against Kansas State in 2008 (24-of-46, .522).
• Wisconsin had 18 assists on 26 made baskets, its second-highest assist total this season. UW had 19 assists in a 79-74 win at Iowa on Feb. 22.
• Ben Brust has made 11-of-20 (.550) 3-pointers in the NCAA tournament.
• Over the last four games, Frank Kaminsky is averaging 18.5 points.