March 16, 2013
#22 Wisconsin 68, #3 Indiana 56
Big Ten Tournament Semifinals – United Center
March 16, 2013
• Wisconsin has advanced to its fifth Big Ten tournament championship game, having won the tournament in 2004 and 2008 and making finals appearances in 2005 and 2007. UW is now 17-13 in the Big Ten Tournament all-time.
• UW’s five appearances in the Big Ten tournament championship game ranks third in conference history.
Big Ten Tournament Championship Game Appearances, All-Time
1. Ohio State 9
2. Illinois 6
3. Wisconsin 5
4. Iowa 3
5. Michigan State 3
• Bo Ryan is now 13-9 in Big Ten tournament games. Ryan’s 13 tournament wins ties Steve Alford (Iowa) for the third most in conference history.
• With the win over No. 3 Indiana, Wisconsin now owns 4 top-10 victories this season and 7 wins over teams in the AP Top 25. UW’s seven AP Top 25 wins is a school record.
• All 7 of Wisconsin’s top-25 wins have come against teams in the top 15. Prior to this season, the school record for wins over top-15 teams in a season was 4 (1999-00 & 2009-10).
• UW’s 7 victories over top-25 opponents is tied with Indiana for the most in Division I this season.
• Wisconsin has now won 23 games this season, the 9th-highest single-season total in team history. Bo Ryan-led teams have accounted for each of the 9 winningest seasons in school history.
• UW improved to 8-7 away from the Kohl Center this season, including a 3-1 mark in neutral site games.
• The Badgers posted their 12th-consecutive win over Indiana, equaling the longest win streak against the Hoosiers in the history of Indiana basketball. Purdue also tallied 12 straight wins over Indiana from 1908 to 1914.
• Ryan-led teams are now 18-3 against Indiana.
• Wisconsin shot 51.0% from the field (25-49), its highest mark since shooting 52.7% against Ohio State on Feb. 18, 2013. UW is 13-0 when shooting 45.0% or better from the field.
• Four Badgers scored in double figures. Wisconsin is now 13-0 on the season when having 4 or more players score double digits.
• Indiana entered the Big Ten tournament ranked second in the nation in scoring (80.8 ppg). Including Saturday’s 56-point effort, the Badgers have held Indiana to an average of 57.5 points in two meetings this season.
• Wisconsin recorded 10 blocked shots, its most since blocking 10 against IPFW on Nov. 15, 2009.
• UW also recorded 9 steals, its most since tallying 9 against Omaha on Dec. 4, 2012.
• Senior Ryan Evans led all scorers with 16 points. He also added 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 blocks. Evans is averaging 14.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists in two tournament games.
• Junior Ben Brust finished with 12 points (2-for-5 from 3-point range). He has scored in double figures in 11 of the last 12 games and is averaging 12.5 points per game in the 2013 Big Ten Tournament.
• Brust has made multiple 3-point field goals in 15 consecutive games.
• Senior Jared Berggren finished with 11 points, 5 rebounds and 3 blocks.
• Freshman Sam Dekker scored 11 points off the bench for Wisconsin. He has now scored in double figures in 8 of the last 10 games.