March 9, 2012
Recap | Box Score | Photo Gallery
Post-Game Notes - Wisconsin 79, Indiana 71
2012 Big Ten Tournament
Banker’s Life Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, Ind.
• Wisconsin has now won 4 straight games and improves to 24-8 on the season.
• UW is 10-4 away from home this season with a record of 7-4 on the road and 3-0 at neutral sites.
• The Badgers’ 24 wins equal the 6th-highest single-season total in Wisconsin history. Bo Ryan-coached teams account for each of the eight highest single-season win totals in UW annals.
• Bo Ryan notched his 266th career win, the most wins in the Wisconsin history, passing Hall of Famer Harold “Bud” Foster (265).
• Wisconsin is now 15-12 (.556) all-time in the Big Ten Tournament and has reached the semifinals for the 7th time.
• UW defeated Indiana for the 10th-consecutive time. Those 10 straight wins are the third-most consecutive victories over the Hoosiers by any team.
Longest Win Streak vs. Indiana, All-Time
12 Purdue 2/26/1908-2/9/1914
11 Wisconsin 2/16/1912-2/24/1919
10 Wisconsin 1/31/2008-Current
• The Badgers only had 7 turnovers against Indiana. UW has had 8 or fewer turnovers in each of its last 4 games.
• Wisconsin knocked down 13 3-pointers, equaling the 2nd-highest total of season. Friday marked the 4th time this season that the Badgers have had 13 or more treys in a game.
• The Badgers tied a Big Ten tournament record by making 13 3-pointers. It had been done three times previously, most recently by Illinois against Minnesota in 2002.
• UW shot 50.0% from 3-point range (13-for-26), the 6th time the Badgers have shot 50.0% or better from long range this season.
• UW’s 79 points equals its 2nd-highest point total of the season (season high is 85 vs. Kennesaw State – 11/12/11).
• Wisconsin 79 points is also its Big Ten Tournament record, besting the previous high of 78 vs. Purdue in 2000 Big Ten Tournament.
• Senior Rob Wilson tallied a career-high 30 points (previous high was 13), going 11-for-16 from the field and 7-for-10 from 3-point range.
• Wilson’s 30 points set a Big Ten Tournament record for Wisconsin, surpassing the 29 points Devin Harris scored vs. Illinois in 2004.
• Wilson’s performance marks the 12th time that a player has gone for 30 or more points in a Big Ten tournament game.
• Wilson equaled a UW school record by connecting on seven 3-pointers. Friday marked the 14th time a Badgers player has recorded the feat, including the 3rd time this season.
• The seven 3-pointers from Wilson equaled a Big Ten Tournament record, also held by Mike Walker of Penn State in 2007.
• Jared Berggren scored 16 points and grabbed 9 rebounds, notching double-figure points for the 17th time this season.
• Berggren also tallied his 52nd block of the season, moving him into a tie with Brad Sellers for fourth on UW’s single-season block list.
• Ryan Evans scored in double figures for the 11th straight game, finishing with 12 points and 6 rebounds.
• Jordan Taylor had 12 points, 3 rebounds and 4 assists, his 27th game in double figures this season.