March 4, 2012
Box Score |
Wisconsin vs. Illinois
Kohl Center -- Madison, Wis. -- March 4, 2012
• Wisconsin improved to 23-8 overall and finished the Big Ten season with a 12-6 record.
• With the win, Badgers head coach Bo Ryan earned his 265th career win at Wisconsin and moved into a tie with Hall of Famer Harold “Bud” Foster atop the school’s all-time wins list.
• Ryan reached 265 wins in 355 games (265-99) and 11 seasons. Foster coached at Wisconsin for 25 seasons and 532 games (265-267).
• Wisconsin is now 11-0 under Bo Ryan in its regular-season home finale.
• Wisconsin has won at least 12 Big Ten games for the 9th time in school history – 7 of those seasons have come in the Bo Ryan era.
• UW’s 23 wins already rank as the 8th-highest single-season win total in school history.
• UW is 166-15 (.917) at home under Ryan, including a mark of 84-9 (.903) against Big Ten Conference opponents.
• The Badgers held Illinois to just 18 points in the first half, the Illini’s lowest-scoring half of the season.
• Wisconsin finished with just 7 turnovers, the Badgers’ third-consecutive game with 8 or fewer turnovers. UW entered Sunday ranked No. 2 in the NCAA and lowered its season average to 8.94 turnovers per game.
• UW maintained its Big Ten-leading free throw percentage in conference games at 77.4 percent by connecting on 21-of-27 attempts at the charity stripe (77.8 percent).
• Senior Jordan Taylor tied for the Badgers’ team high with 16 points, going 2-for-3 from 3-point range and shooting 8-for-10 at the free throw line. He also had 3 rebounds and 3 assists with no turnovers.
• Taylor now has 1,454 points for his career, tying Kirk Penney (2000-03) for 8th place on the Badgers’ career scoring list.
• In logging 38 minutes, Taylor has been on the floor for 3,764 minutes in his career and passed Jason Bohannon (3,759) for fifth place on the Badgers’ all-time list for minutes played.
• With 3 assists, Taylor has 126 on the season and has tied Travon Davis for 7th place on the Badgers’ single-season assists list. Taylor had 161 assists last season, the third-best total in UW history.
• Sophomore Josh Gasser matched his season high with 16 points, going 4-for-6 from the field and connecting on 7-of-8 attempts at the free throw line. He also matched his season high with 8 rebounds.
• Senior Rob Wilson scored 8 points and added a career-high 2 steals and 1 rebound.
• Junior Ryan Evans scored 10 points on 5-for-10 shooting from the field for his 10th-consecutive double-figure scoring game. He also added 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 steal.
• Junior Jared Berggren scored 12 points, going 3-for-5 from the floor and shooting 6-for-9 at the free throw line.