Feb. 20, 2011
Box Score |
• Sunday’s sellout crowd marked the 135th consecutive sellout at the Kohl Center.
• Wisconsin improved to 20-6 on the season, marking UW’s fifth-straight 20-win campaign – the longest such streak in school history. Head coach Bo Ryan has led the Badgers to 20 wins over more in eight of his 10 seasons at Wisconsin.
• Wisconsin is now 15-0 at the Kohl Center this season, winning by an average of 18.6 points.
• Overall, the Badgers have won 18 consecutive home games and 36 of their last 37. The current win streak is tied for the seventh-longest nationally and the second-longest active mark in the Big Ten.
• The 18-game home win streak is tied for the fifth-longest in school history. Four of the eight longest home win streaks in UW history have come under head coach Bo Ryan.
• At home vs. the Big Ten, Wisconsin is 77-6 (.928) under Bo Ryan.
• Wisconsin has now defeated all 10 of the other Big Ten teams this season, the only school to do so. This is the second time a Bo Ryan-coached team has accomplished this (also in 2001-02) and UW is just the seventh team do beat all other Big Ten foes in the last 10 seasons.
• The Badgers have beaten Penn State 14 straight times in Madison and own a perfect 11-0 mark vs. the Nittany Lions at the Kohl Center.
• The Badgers posted their 20th-consecutive win when coming off a loss. Wisconsin has not lost back-to-back games since January of 2009. The only team with a longer active span of not dropping consecutive games is Kansas, which has not lost two straight since January 2006.
• The Badgers’ starting backcourt of Jordan Taylor and Josh Gasser posted a combined 12 assists against just one turnover.
• With Jon Leuer and Keaton Nankivil each scoring 22 points the Badgers boasted two 20-point scorers for the seventh time this season and fourth time in Big Ten play.
• With seven turnovers, the Badgers posted their 10th game this season with seven or fewer giveaways. UW leads the nation by averaging 7.8 turnovers per game.
• Wisconsin hit 18 of its 21 free throw attempts (85.7 percent), improving the Badgers’ season percentage from the charity stripe to a Big Ten-leading 82.6 percent.
• Keaton Nankivil posted the third 20-point game of his career by tying for the game high with 22 points.
• Nankivil went 5-for-5 from 3-point range to improve his career 3-point percentage to .424 – tying him with Shelton Smith (1985-87) for fifth on the Badgers’ all-time list.
• Nankivil’s career field goal percentage of .492 ranks 10th all-time at UW.
• Jon Leuer tied for the game high with 22 points, finishing in double-figure scoring for the 33rd consecutive game, and posted his fifth double-double of the season (seventh of his career) by adding 10 rebounds.
• Leuer, who entered the game leading the Big Ten in free throw shooting in conference games at 91.5 percent, went 5-for-5 from the stripe Sunday.
• With 1,258 career points, Leuer passed Wes Matthews (1,251) for 15th on UW’s career scoring list.
• Jordan Taylor scored nine points in the second half on his way to 13 points for the game, his 25th double-figure scoring performance in 26 games this season.
• Taylor finished with seven assists and no turnovers, improving his nation-leading assist-to-turnover ratio to 4.13 for the season. Taylor is averaging a turnover every 32.9 minutes during Big Ten play.
• Josh Gasser finished with 11 points on 3-for-4 shooting from the field, his sixth double-digit scoring performance this season.