Feb. 17, 2013
Final Stats |
Wisconsin vs. Ohio State
Kohl Center -- Madison, Wis. -- Feb. 17, 2013
• Wisconsin improved to 5-4 vs. ranked teams this season, including a 5-2 mark against ranked Big Ten opponents. That matches Indiana and Georgetown for the most top-25 wins of any team in the nation this season.
• The Badgers' nine games vs. ranked opponents this season are the most of any NCAA Division I team.
• UW scored its fifth win over a top-15 ranked team this season, the most in a season in school history.
• The Badgers are now 180-17 (.914) at the Kohl Center during head coach Bo Ryan's 12 seasons.
• UW improved to 30-11 (.732) vs. ranked opponents at the Kohl Center under Ryan.
• With a 22-point margin of victory, UW matched its second-biggest win over a ranked opponent in Ryan's 12 seasons. UW also defeated Ohio State by 22 points (65-43) on Dec. 31, 2009. The largest margin of victory was 23 in the Badgers' 74-51 win over No. 12 Illinois on Jan. 12.
• The victory was Wisconsin's 15th double-digit win over a ranked opponent during Ryan's 12 seasons.
• The 22-point margin of victory marked the eighth time UW has downed Ohio State by 20-plus points and matches the third-largest margin of victory over the Buckeyes in program history (30 points - 78-48 on Feb. 14, 2004; and 25 points - 40-15 on Feb. 17, 1917). The Badgers also won by 22 points in a 65-43 win on Dec. 31, 2009 and a 81-59 win on Jan. 11, 1995.
• Bo Ryan improved to 15-9 vs. Ohio State as UW's head coach, including a 10-1 mark at the Kohl Center.
• Wisconsin held Ohio State to a season-low 49 points (previous low: 55 at Illinois on Jan. 5), improving the Badgers' Big Ten-best scoring defense to 56.2 points allowed per game.
• On the season, the Badgers have held seven opponents to 50 points or fewer.
• The Badgers held Ohio State to 60 or fewer points for the fourth-consecutive meeting. UW is responsible for 4 of the 8 games in which the Buckeyes have scored 60 or fewer points over the past two seasons.
• After Ohio State started 3-for-4 from the field, the Buckeyes missed their next 14 shots as the Badgers' went on an 18-0 run to turn a 6-6 tie into a 24-6 lead with 9:20 remaining in the first half.
• The Badgers improved their Big Ten-leading 3-point defense to 26.2 percent in conference play by holding OSU to a 3-for-12 (.250) mark from 3-point range. UW is allowing just 3.3 treys per game in league play.
• Wisconsin shot a season-high 52.7 percent from the field, topping its previous season-best of 52.5 percent vs. Samford on Dec. 29.
• With 39 points at halftime, the Badgers matched their largest first-half scoring output in a Big Ten game this season, tying the 39 points they posted in a 74-51 win over Illinois on Jan. 12.
• Bo Ryan improved his winning percentage in conference games to .709 (141-58), the best mark by any coach in Big Ten history. Ohio State's Thad Matta (106-45, .702) ranks second.
• Junior Ben Brust recorded the fifth double-double of his career by tying for the team high with 15 points and pulling down a game-high 11 rebounds. Brust added 3 assists in 37 minutes of action.
• Senior Jared Berggren tied for the team high with 15 points on 6-for-8 shooting from the floor, while also grabbing 8 rebounds and finishing with 4 blocks. Berggren now has 122 blocks for his career, moving him past Brad Sellers (120) for second on UW's all-time list. He is 2 blocks shy of tying Rashard Griffith (124) for the Badgers' school record.
• Freshman Sam Dekker went 5-for-9 from the floor and 3-for-5 from 3-point range to finish with 13 points in 28 minutes of action. Dekker has scored in double-figures in three consecutive games.
• Sophomore Traevon Jackson finished with 10 points on 4-for-8 shooting after scoring all 10 in the second half for his seventh double-digit scoring game of the season.
• Senior Ryan Evans went 4-for-7 from the field and finished with 9 points to go along with 5 rebounds.