Final Stats |
Wisconsin vs. #8/#9 Michigan State
Feb. 9, 2014
• Wisconsin improved to 19-5 and 6-5 in Big Ten action.
• Bo Ryan has now led UW to at least 19 wins in each of his 13 seasons. In the 103 years of Wisconsin basketball prior to Ryan's arrival, the Badgers tallied a total of 4 seasons with 19 or more wins.
• The Badgers are now 310-118 (.725) in 13 seasons under Bo Ryan. Ryan is 693-221 (.758) during his 30 years of coaching in the college ranks.
• UW is now 150-65 (.698) in Big Ten games under Ryan.
• The Badgers improved to 192-21 (.902) under Ryan at the Kohl Center and snapped a three-game losing streak at home.
• Wisconsin is now 10-5 against AP top-10 teams in the Ryan era at the Kohl Center. UW is also 34-12 (.739) against top-25 teams at home under Ryan.
• UW improved to 4-1 against the AP top-25 this year. Wisconsin has defeated Michigan State (8), Florida (11), Iowa (22) and Illinois (23).
• With the win, UW snapped a five-game losing streak against Michigan State to improve to 14-11 against the Spartans in the Ryan era.
• Wisconsin shot 45.2% (19-42) from the floor to improve to 11-1 when shooting above 45.0%. Under Ryan, Wisconsin is 191-17 when shooting above 45.0%.
• The Badgers had four players score in double figures, the 16th time in 24 games UW has had at least four double-figure scorers.
• Down 22-19 with 6:49 left in the first half, the Badgers reeled off an 11-0 run to take a 30-22 lead heading into halftime. Josh Gasser had five of the 11 points during the run.
• Freshman Nigel Hayes tallied 14 points off the bench, marking the third straight game he has scored in double-digits. Hayes has scored in double digits in eight of UW’s last 13 games.
• Junior Josh Gasser scored 11 points and shot 3-of-5 from behind the arc. Gasser also pulled down six rebounds.
• Sophomore Sam Dekker chipped in 11 points, marking the 20th time this year he has scored in double-digits. Dekker was 3-of-6 from 3-point land, and is 7-for-13 (.538) from beyond the arc in the past two games. He also added five rebounds and two steals.
• Junior Frank Kaminsky added 10 points and six rebounds, marking the 15th time this season he has scored in double figures.
• Junior Traevon Jackson scored seven points, including the game-winner with 2.8 seconds remaining and tied a career-high with eight assists. Jackson also pulled down five rebounds.