Final Stats | Quotes | USATSI Gallery
#3 Wisconsin vs. Michigan
Jan. 18, 2014
Kohl Center – Madison, Wis.
• Wisconsin fell to 16-2 and 3-2 in Big Ten play.
• The Badgers are now 307-115 (.727) in 13 seasons under Bo Ryan. Ryan is also now 690-218 (.760) during his 30 years of coaching in the college ranks.
• UW is now 147-62 (.703) in Big Ten games under Ryan, the best winning percentage of any coach in conference history.
• The Badgers lost for just the 19th time in 210 home games under Ryan (.910).
• UW lost a home game to Michigan for the first time since 1999, snapping a streak of 11 consecutive wins over the Wolverines in Madison. Michigan is now 2-11 all-time in the Kohl Center. Wisconsin has won 12 of its last 14 meetings with the Wolverines overall.
• Wisconsin trailed at halftime for just the second time this season, falling to 1-1 when trailing at intermission. UW has trailed at halftime in only 39 of 210 home games under Ryan.
• Wisconsin has scored at least 70 points in nine consecutive games, the Badgers’ longest stretch since topping 70 in nine straight games from Dec. 5, 1992 to Jan. 9, 1993 (a 98-73 loss to No. 3 Michigan in Madison).
• The Badgers had four players score in double figures, the 13th time in 18 games UW has had at least four double-figure scorers.
• Wisconsin committed just 9 turnovers and is averaging a nation-leading 8.3 per game.
• Junior Josh Gasser scored a team-high 16 points, including 13 in the first half on 3-for-3 shooting from 3-point range. He finished the game 4-for-5 from beyond the arc.
• Senior Ben Brust scored 14 points on 5-for-10 shooting, his ninth-consecutive game in double figures, and pulled down 8 rebounds.
• With two 3-pointers, Brust now owns 188 career 3-pointers, moving passed Devin Harris (187) for sixth on UW's career 3-point field goals list.
• Sophomore Sam Dekker posted his fourth career double-double, scoring 10 points and pulling down 10 rebounds.
• Junior Frank Kaminsky had 14 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks, topping double digits in points for the third-consecutive game and 13th time this season.