Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery
#4 Wisconsin vs. #23 Illinois
Jan. 8, 2014
Kohl Center - Madison, Wis.
• Wisconsin improved to 16-0, marking the team's best start in history. The Badgers posted a pair of 15-0 seasons in 1911-12 and 1913-14.
• The Badgers' 16 straight wins is also the team's second-longest win streak of all time. The UW record is 17 consecutive wins in the 2006-07 season.
• Wisconsin is just the fourth Big Ten team to start a season 16-0 since 1996-97.
• Bo Ryan improved to 307-113 (.731) in 13 seasons at Wisconsin. Ryan is also now 690-216 (.762) during his 30 years of coaching in the college ranks.
• UW is now 147-60 (.710) in Big Ten games under Ryan, the second-best winning percentage of any coach in Big Ten history.
• The Badgers improved to 191-18 (.914) at home under Ryan.
• Wisconsin is 33-11 (.750) at home under Ryan against teams ranked in the AP Top 25, including six straight wins over ranked foes at the Kohl Center.
• The Badgers are 17-11 (.607) vs. Fighting Illini under Ryan, and UW has won six straight against Illinois.
• Wisconsin has held Illinois to 70 points or fewer in each of its past 19 meetings.
• The last time Wisconsin scored 90 points in a Big Ten game was during the 2001-02 season, when the Badgers defeated Ohio State 94-92 in overtime. The Last time the Badgers scored 90 points in regulation of a Big Ten game was during the 1994-95 season, when UW defeated Northwestern 97-73.
• The Badgers earned their largest win over a ranked team with a 25-point margin of victory. The previous largest scoring margin was 23 when the Badgers defeated No. 12 Illinois 74-51 on Jan. 12, 2013.
• After reaching the 80-point mark five times last year, Wisconsin has scored 80-plus points in 6 of its 16 games this season. Wisconsin is 57-4 all-time under Ryan when scoring 80-plus points in a game.
• Wisconsin has scored at least 70 points in seven consecutive games, its longest stretch of 70-point games since the 2005-06 season, when UW opened with eight straight. Under Bo Ryan, UW is 172-9 when reaching the 70-point threshold.
• After leading 13-10 over Illinois, the Badgers went on a 20-0 run, holding the Fighting Illini scoreless for 6:20. Sam Dekker had seven points during the run as six different Badgers scored.
• After going 23-of-33 (.697) from the free throw line, Wisconsin improved to 100-11 (.901) when attempting 25-plus free throws in a game under Bo Ryan.
• The Badgers have won 27 consecutive games when shooting at least 44% from the field, the third-longest active streak in the nation.
• The Cardinal and White have now won games this year scoring in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 100s.
• For the fifth time this year, Wisconsin had five players score in double digits. It also marked the 11th time this year Wisconsin had four or more players score in double digits.
• After committing four turnovers, the Badgers lowered their nation-leading turnover average to 8.2 per game.
• Senior Ben Brust scored a team-high 18 points on 6-of-11 shooting. It is his 13th game this year scoring in double-figures, and the 42nd time in his career.
• Since starting 0-of-9 from the floor against Iowa on Sunday, sophomore Sam Dekker has made 8 of his last 11 shots, including 6-of-8 against Illinois.
• Junior Frank Kaminsky tallied 15 points and six rebounds while playing 20 minutes.
• Junior Traevon Jackson collected 15 points and was a perfect 7-of-7 from the charity stripe.
• After averaging 4.0 points per game during his first 11 games, freshman Nigel Hayes is averaging 13.0 points per game during the past five games. He added 11 points on 4-of-6 shooting against Illinois and has scored in double digits in four of his last five.