UW STUDENT-ATHLETE VOLUNTEER REQUEST GUIDELINES
During the 2011-12 academic year, University of Wisconsin-Madison student-athletes volunteered over 3,500 hours of their time to community service events, activities and projects.
Wisconsin Athletics is committed to providing opportunities for our student-athletes to learn and pursue areas of social relevance while responding to the needs of the greater Madison community.
Although every request may not be approved, requests that meet the following conditions are most likely to be considered for approval:
- Events, activities or projects mainly hosted by a charitable, educational, institutional or nonprofit agency
- Events, activities or projects located within 30 miles of the UW-Madison campus Please note:
- Events further than 30 miles may be considered for special approval on a case-by-case basis
- Requests submitted at least 2 weeks before the event, activity or project is scheduled
- Events, activities or projects that will not be advertised or promoted using co-sponsorship from a commercial entity beyond reproduction of a company logo or registered trademark free of slogans, personal messages or names. Please note:
- Company contact information may be included along with a logo or registered trademark.
- For events co-sponsored or promoted by commercial entities, please include any available draft of advertisements to ensure the event complies with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Fundraising events, activities or projects that give 100% of proceeds directly to UW-Madison, the Big Ten Conference or a charitable, educational or nonprofit agency.
- Requests that include specific dates and times of events, activities or projects so that the Office of Academic Services may verify that a student-athlete will not miss class to volunteer.
- Requests that ensure student-athlete volunteers will not receive an award or reward for participation in any event, activity, or project. Please Note:
- On occasion, objects like a t-shirt or small meal may be permissible. If a student-athlete is likely to receive any similar object, please include such information in the volunteer request.
Upon submitting form, you will be notified within one week of submission if your event has been approved by our Office of Compliance. You will be notified UP TO TWO DAYS before your event if a student-athlete(s) is available to participate.