Dec. 25, 2012
• Visit Chef's Corner for more recipes
MADISON, Wis. -- It's holiday time and great meals and sweets are a big part of it, so here is a delicious recipe that is sure to please, from our chefs to you.
The athletic department's food and beverage service features a professional cooking staff overseen by Executive Chef Herbert Hackworthy that caters all of the events for the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics. This includes serving the suites and special social functions as well as providing the daily training table meals for UW student-athletes. Here is the latest contribution from our table to yours.
To see other culinary contributions from our chefs, including delicious rack of lamb dinner, turkey gravy, holiday cookies, salads and triple fudge brownies, see our Chef's Corner section.
Mini Spinach Bread Bowls
By Sous Chef Ken Gleed and Chef Maureen Abbrederis
2 Sheet Puff pastry*
4 Tbs. Olive Oil
4 cups Spinach, chopped
2 clove Garlic, minced
6 oz. Cream cheese, softened
1 cup Sour Cream
2 TBS Parmesan Cheese
2 TBS Shredded Asiago Cheese
¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
¼ tsp. Garlic Salt
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
2/3 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
*if not available use roll of refrigerated French bread loaf or croissant dough
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin cup.
2. Cut each sheet into 12 equal slices, about 3in squares. Press into bottom and up the sides of the muffin cup.
3. Heat oil over medium heat; Cook and stir spinach until wilted, then add garlic. Cook for 1min then turn off.
4. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach mixture, parmesan and asiago cheese, cayenne, garlic salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
5. Scoop dip into the centers of bread bowls. Top evenly with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake for 15-17min, until just turning brown on edges. Remove and let cool for 3-5min.