Aug 28, 2013
Every day this week leading up to the induction ceremony, one of the eight members of the University of Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame class of 2013 will be celebrated. The Hall of Fame induction is Friday, Aug. 30 outside the Camp Randall Memorial Sports Center. The 5 p.m. ceremony is open to the public. Today's honoree is former Wisconsin swimming letterwinner and benefactor Chuck LaBahn.
• UW Athletics Hall of Fame
MADISON, Wis. -- A native of Milwaukee, Wis., Chuck LaBahn and his wife, Mary Ann, were the lead benefactors for LaBahn Arena and UW swimming locker room and lounge area finished in 2012.
LaBahn earned two letters on the Badger swimming team (1946-47). He went on to found and manage Orion Corporation, a leading manufacturer of sleeve bearings.
LaBahn is a longtime donor and ambassador of the UW-Madison, serving in a number of capacities over the years including as past president of the Wisconsin Alumni Association and National W Club. His dedication, loyalty and support of the University are unparalleled.
• W Award winner at Wisconsin 1946 and 1947
• Ph.B. - University of Wisconsin, 1949
• MBA- Harvard University Graduate School of Business, 1952
• Lead benefactor for the LaBahn Ice Arena and UW swimming locker room and lounge area
• President of the National W Club, 1978-79
• President of the Wisconsin Alumni Association, 1988-89
• Vice Chairman of the UW Foundation, 1980
• University of Wisconsin Business School of Board of Visitors
• Chaired or was the director of numerous University of Wisconsin and Milwaukee area organizations