May 24, 2011
MADISON, Wis. -- Welcome to the new-look UWBadgers.com! The University of Wisconsin Athletic Department, in conjunction with website host CBS College Sports, today unveiled a newly redesigned site.
The new UWBadgers.com will offer fans a cleaner look, better organized menus, and many upgraded internal pages. The redesign has been a nine-month process that started with fan and staff focus groups last August, and involved a committee of staff from athletic communications, marketing and promotions, tickets, and Badger Sports Properties.
The redesign has been a concerted effort to make visiting UWBadgers.com a better experience for fans, donors, alumni, prospective and current student-athletes and coaches and media.
The improved website will continue to provide all of the sports schedules and rosters, game previews and recaps, statistics, online interactive guides, player and coach bios and historical information on all Badger sports as in the past but has added several new features. Some of the highlights coming on the new UWBadgers.com include:
• The masthead serves as a “sticky bar” to keep the navigation right with the user as they scroll. The much narrower masthead provides easy access to features like tickets, live stats, social media and the all-access media player.
• New straight drop-down menus in the main navigation provide fans one-click access to most pages on the website.
• Wider photos with the large lead story on the front page and in various sections of the site. Rotating photos on most support services pages.
• Expanded the front page and sports page top headlines from four to five in the top rotation
• Visual and audible pronunciations available in the sports rosters. These appear courtesy of TheNameEngine.com and are a terrific addition to the usability of the site for fans and media alike.
• The headline, video and live events tabs on the main page and at the top of each sports page provide direct links to show the latest offerings in those sections.
• The large graphics below the headlines provide direct links to Mike Lucas, “Varsity” the official online magazine of UW athletics, UW's Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages, Badger gear, auctions, the Badger Photo Store, and special promotions.
• The live events tab provides quick links to GameTracker, various calendars and the audio/video schedule
• Prominent “Ticket Stub” at the top of every page will provide one-step online ordering for Badger fans.
UWBadgers.com will receive CBS College Sports' industry-leading suite of online and new media solutions which includes the new custom design, insideBADGERSPORTS.com All-Access multimedia platform, wireless alerts, and GameTracker. The site is available via CBS mobile technology at UWBadgers.com/m.
CBS College Sports (formerly CSTV) is a leader in collegiate Web site hosting, providing more than 215 official athletic sites for colleges and universities around the nation.