Course for All Abilities (PDF)
Course Architect (PDF)
Directions to the Ridge
Golf Outings (PDF)
Interactive UW Golf Guide
2010 Clinics (PDF)
Adult Instruction (PDF)
Junior Instruction (PDF)
Private Instruction (PDF)
RESERVE TEE TIMES Online
The Golf Shop (PDF)
The W Grill Menu (PDF)
Year-Round Facility (PDF)
University Ridge by the Numbers
University Ridge 2008 Reopening
University Ridge Photo Gallery
University Ridge by the Numbers
|Location:||9002 County Road PD|
Madison, WI 53593
|Telephone:||(608) 845-7700; (800) 897-4343|
|Course:||Public course - open April through October|
|Availability:||Club House open year-round|
|Course Opened:||June 1, 1991 (course dedicated July 1, 1991)|
|Funding:||Private donations to the University of Wisconsin Foundation|
|Course Architect:||Robert Trent Jones, Jr.|
|Course Construction:||Wadsworth Golf Construction, Co., Plainfield, IL|
|Course Management:||University of Wisconsin Athletic Department|
|General Manager:||Michael Gaspard|
|Course Superintendent:||Aron Hogden|
|Clubhouse:||11,000 sq. ft. facility; clubhouse expanded and remodeled in 2000 - now offering seating for up to 100 guests; open year-round.|
|Course Yardage:||Black Tees: 7,259yds|
Blue Tees: 6,610yds
White Tees: 6,053yds
Red Tees: 5,005yds
|Course Layout:||225 acres of rolling hills, sprawling meadows, deep-set woods; trees on the course include oak, maple, and cherry; water comes into play on three holes.|
|Greens:||Penncross Bentgrass; average 7,000 sq. ft.|
|Fairways and Tees:||Penncross Bentgrass|
|Bunkers:||80 bunkers with 70 percent clustered near greens, consisting of sand bunkers and bluegrass hollows|
|Greens Fees:||Detailed rate sheet (PDF)|
|Motorized Golf Cars:||18-hole: $16 per player|
9-hole: $10 per player
Twilight: $10 per player
Tee times welcomed 14 days in advance. Golf outing reservations (8 players or more) are welcome anytime. The golf outing package consists of the following: greens fee, golf car, sleeve of logoed golf balls, practice balls, box lunch with soda, $5 merchandise gift certificate, yardage guide and club crest (bag tag).
- Reservations are available 24 hours a day by calling (608) 845-7700 or online at www.universityridge.com. We welcome individual starting times up to fourteen days in advance. Golf outing reservations (8 players or more) are welcome anytime.
- Reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Individual players are accepted daily on a first-come, firstserved basis. You must be at the course, pay the appropriate fees and be placed on a waiting list to play with the first available group. Please call to check availability.
- Reservations for twosomes or threesomes will be accepted, the course reserves the right to fill the open spots. Groups who want to remain as twosomes or threesomes must specify this at the time of booking and pay the appropriate fees for a foursome. he was extremely conscious of preserving the integrity of the land to bring out its natural beauty.
Pace of Play
It is our goal to have all guests average 15 minutes per hole, completing a round in four and one-half hours. Starters and player assistants are available to assist you. As a courtesy to all players, University Ridge personnel are authorized to remove slower players from the course. Please respect the game and honor your fellow players by maintaining a proper pace.
- We promote a quality golf experience for everyone: traditional golf attire is required for use of the golf facilities, including the practice facility and chipping and putting greens. Shirts with sleeves and a collar are required at all times. Slacks or mid-thigh length shorts are acceptable for men and women. University Ridge Golf Course reserves the right to deny access to the facilities to anyone dressed inappropriately.
- Each guest must have a set of clubs. Rental clubs are available.
- All guests should be registered in the Golf Shop at least 15 minutes prior to play.
- Practice is not permitted on the course. A professional practice facility is available for your enjoyment.
- Golf Cars:
- Walking is permitted at all times. On Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays in the months of May - September a golf car fee is included in our rates until 4:30 p.m. Pull carts are allowed.
- Please observe the following golf car guidelines: keep golf cars 30 feet from greens, on paths when possible, off slopes at all times and avoid wet areas. Violators of golf car guidelines may be asked to leave the course.
- A valid drivers license is required to operate a golf car.
- All food and beverages must be purchased directly through University Ridge. For your convenience, refreshment cars equipped with drinks and snacks are available on the course.
- Each individual will be responsible for any damage they cause to University Ridge Golf Course property.
- Solicitation and or distribution of printed material is prohibited.
- In the event of lightning you will be asked to leave the course until it is safe to resume play.