Recently in Jeremy Wodajo Category
6. Whoa... Getting the full Cali experience. Earthquake in Anaheim. #Fieldof8-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 29, 2014
4. Get loose #Fieldof16# pic.twitter.com/1YebQPrsNa-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 27, 2014
28. Nigel, Sam, Trae meeting w/media right now. Nigel on whether he likes seeing upsets: "Personally I fear upsets." pic.twitter.com/MZ5AJr5CXJ-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 21, 2014
24. Another round of wake up calls for Ben Eckburg this a.m. You can never underestimate the value of team managers #Fieldof32-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 22, 2014
23. Nothing like a police escort for the 3 block drive from the hotel to the arena. #Fieldof32-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 22, 2014
18. Shoot around: the only place on Earth you will witness Evan Anderson drain a 3 off the dribble while coming off a screen #Fieldof32-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 22, 2014
2. Oregon going with what they refer to as "Apple Green" uniforms. Ducks are 1-3 in these fits #Fieldof32-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 23, 2014
58. Getting the team on gameday schedule - that means breakfast (pregame meal) at 7:40 a.m. #Fieldof68-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 19, 2014
52. Most common phrase heard at practice today? "Run it again." Can't see American's offensive sets too many times. #Fieldof68-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 19, 2014
43. Bo Ryan: "I have not seen a team run the 'pure' Princeton offense like American does. They do it really well." #Fieldof68-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 19, 2014
40. Ryan sat backstage listening to players do presser. After, he told em they might lose playing time for some of the answers. #Fieldof68-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 19, 2014
39. Ryan opens press conf: "well, I was an economics major & I was good enough to get drafted... (Wait for it)... By the army." #Fieldof68-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 19, 2014
37. Bo Ryan tells Nigel Hayes: "the early bird gets the worm." Nigel responds "but the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese." #Fieldof68-- Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 19, 2014
27. Ben Brust at the pep rally, "Let's make the Bradley Center feel like the Kohl Center." #Fieldof68— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 20, 2014
25. Nigel "Burgandy" after watching his Q&A w/ teammates from earlier today: "When you put me in my natural habitat I flourish" #Fieldof68— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 20, 2014
22. Barry Alvarez issued a challenge at pep rally: "We better have a home court advantage!" #Fieldof68— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 20, 2014
17. First official duty on Gameday was manager Ben Eckburg giving wake-up calls to every player at 7:30 am. Rise & shine #Fieldof68— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 20, 2014
15. Everybody prepares differently. For Vitto Brown, that meant a workout this morning in the hotel fitness center. #Fieldof68— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 20, 2014
8. Only 22 seats on bench during tourney games. Means non-participating players will take over in-game duties of team managers #Fieldof68— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 20, 2014
3. "One thing that will never change is the effort you have to give. Let's try to get another 40 minutes." - Bo Ryan to team #Fieldof68— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) March 20, 2014
|Jared Berggren||2010-13||Belgium||Telenet BC Oostende (EuroLeague)|
|Brian Butch||2005-08||Bakersfield, Calif.||Bakersfield Jam (NBA D-League)|
|Jason Chappell||2003-07||Austria||Xion Dukes Klosterneuburg|
|Devin Harris||2002-04||Dallas, Texas||Dallas Mavericks (NBA)|
|Trevon Hughes||2007-10||Germany||TBB Trier (BBL)|
|Marcus Landry||2006-09||Reno, Nev.||Reno Bighorns (NBA D-League)|
|Jon Leuer||2008-11||Memphis, Tenn.||Memphis Grizzlies|
|Zach Morley||2004-05||Germany||Alba Berlin|
|Keaton Nankivil||2008-11||Germany||Ratiopharm Ulm|
|Ray Nixon||2003-06||Japan||Shiga Lakestars|
|Greg Stiemsma||2005-08||New Orleans, La.||New Orleans Pelicans (NBA)|
|Jordan Taylor||2009-12||Italy||Virtus Roma (EuroLeague)|
|Alando Tucker||2004-07||Bulgaria||Lukoil Academic Sofia|
The Wisconsin men's soccer team has seen its fair share of dark days since its last postseason berth in 1995.
To put that into perspective, the last time UW appeared in the NCAA tournament, the 'World Wide Web' was four years young and Bill Clinton was serving his first term in office.
That 18-year drought ended Monday, as the 19th-ranked Badgers saw their name appear on the 2013 NCAA bracket.
To make the accomplishment even sweeter, UW was granted a first-round home match at a venue the team had not lost at in over a year.
"A long waiting period for the guys on the team as well as the staff," UW head coach John Trask explained. "To get rewarded with our body of work and be in the NCAA Tournament after 18 years here at the University of Wisconsin, it's more than exciting."
In its first postseason appearance (aside from Big Ten tournament) in nearly two decades, the Badgers outdueled in-state rival Milwaukee to extend the nation's longest current home unbeaten streak to 14 matches.
"It just shapes up for a great game, and it's what the NCAA Tournament is all about," Trask said. "You've got two very good, very hungry teams that haven't played each other in a long time but w're very aware of the success they've had.
"I think it shapes up for just an excellent night of soccer."
All of the ingredients are there for UW to make an NCAA tournament run: leadership from 13 seniors, the highest scoring offense in the Big Ten, a hunger to make even more history.
Wisconsin has waited nearly two decades for an opportunity to make another run at a national title, similar to what it did in 1995. And Trask believes his team's best days are still ahead of them.
"I think there's more in this team," Trask said. "I've said it consistently to them. I'll say it publicly. I still don't think we've seen the best soccer out of this group of players."
Frank Kaminsky 6'11 C 4 Wisconsin avg 4ppg last yr - had a monster night- scored 41 for a typical Bo Ryan team - http://t.co/QU3imQ2D1x-- Dick Vitale (@DickieV) November 20, 2013
Frank Kaminsky (@FSKPart3) had 43 tonight. His career-high at any level was 39 back at Benet Academy in Illinois.-- Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) November 20, 2013
Jahii Carson has 34 pts with 7 mins to play at UNLV. Who does he think he is, Frank Kaminsky?-- Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) November 20, 2013
I'll take Frank Kaminsky's 41 points over Jack Taylor's 100 whatever.-- Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) November 20, 2013
Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky scored a total of 63 points in his freshman year. He scored 43 points against North Dakota tonight. Wow.-- Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) November 20, 2013
Pleasant surprise of the night. Wisconsin 7-footer Frank Kaminsky sets a school record w/ 43 points on 16-18 shooting (6-6 3-pt FG).-- SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 20, 2013