TUCSON, Ariz. -- The Badgers advanced to the 2011
NCAA Tournament Round of 32, and that meant @BadgerMBBall sent out 32
Tweets with observations and commentary leading up to the second round NCAA
tournament game between No. 4 Wisconsin and No. 5 Kansas State.
Patrick Herb was with the team in Tucson and you can follow him here.
If you're not a follower, why not? But here's what you've missed...
32. Bo Ryan postgame: "I'm not happy to just be here & I don't want to be around people who are. We're here for a reason."
31. Watching games in the locker rm before practice, Brett Valentyn deadpanned "George Mason could be this year's George Mason."
30. Q Smith doing his best Jacob Pullen imitation at practice (minus the beard) http://twitpic.com/4as8bx
29. We just found out the team is scheduled to arrive back
in Madison on Sunday at 4:15 a.m. Prepare the welcome party.
28. Best UW hoops behind the scenes access video I've seen. Amazing access to the team: http://ow.ly/4hADJ
27. A member of the Wis. media just tripped over a giant
light standard in the press conference causing near chaos & Hi comedy
26. When asked if there are any roads in WI that he doesn't know, Bo said "I don't think so cuz otherwise I'd know about them."
25. Tremendous food at hotel. Eating Margherita flatbread pizza Bo Ryan: "I don't even know what this is but I can't get enough"
24. Remember the near chaos in tweet 27? Jordan Taylor gets
to the bottom of it with the perpetrator http://twitvid.com/G7KQG
23. Wake up call was at 9:15, then breakfast, watch a little ball, scouting report, eat again, get taped and tangle with K-State.
22. I'm not sure if K-State scout Gary Close has slept
either of last 2 nights... Still cutting film http://twitpic.com/4b3tz3
21. Redshirt freshman Evan Anderson: "I could never live here. You could never mow your lawn."
20. CBS reporter Sam Ryan moved to tears by strength of @BValentyn15's
family & sister Kenzi. Cross those fingers tonite Kenzi!
19. Jordan Taylor was rebuffed at the hotel spa upon learning the cheapest massage was $150. Per diem only goes so far.
18. Going over the scouting report on K-State, Keaton
Nankivil learning his assignments: http://twitpic.com/4b5e52
17. Wis Athletic Director Barry Alvarez is in AZ supporting the team and getting a little pool time.
16. Gotta love police escorts at the NCAA tournament: http://twitpic.com/4b76fr
15. Focused look as the team boards the buses, but they
can't help but smile as they exit hotel and hear On Wisconsin! Playing
14. Badgers are welcomed back to the McKale Center and sitting in stands watching SDSU vs Temple
13. Bo Ryan just said the work Big Ten teams beating each
other up this year is paying dividends in tourney. BT is 5-2 in NCAA
12. Team looks loose groovin in the locker room to Method Man's Da Rockwilder and Kanye's All of the Lights. Tradition.
11. Badgers getting anxious in locker room as SDSU and
Temple game goes overtime. They have a game clock but no tv in there.
10. NOBODY better at keeping a pressure situation loose than UW strength coach Scott Hettenbach. He or Evan Anderson's dancing
9. "Saddle up"... Badgers take the floor here in
8. Official tip time is now 8:06 pm for Wisconsin vs. Kansas State on TNT.
7. NCAA didn't have to clear the arena before tonight's game
so the atmosphere is much better as the team's warm up. Fans buzzing
5. For the Wildcats: Jacob Pullen, Shane Southweell, Rodney MaGruder, Jamar Samuels, Curtis Kelly
4. Have you seen KSU's mascot? I'd take Bucky any day. He has a full body. Willie Wildcat is a cat head with a man's body
3. Red out-numbers Purple at the McKale Center... of course
1. The Gameday Blog is live from courtside at the McKale Center. Time to toss it up. http://bit.ly/gSU5YC