NEW ORLEANS, La. -- In honor of the Badgers'
appearance in the 2011 NCAA Tournament's Sweet 16, @BadgerMBBall sent out 16
Tweets with observations and commentary leading up to the fourth-round match-up
between No. 4 Wisconsin and No. 8 Butler.
Patrick Herb was with the team in New Orleans and you can follow him here.
If you're not a follower, why not? But here's what you've missed...
14. Incredible seafood gumbo at the team meals. They're bringing the flavor of NOLA to us (9 bowl limit boys). #Fieldof16
13. ESPN's Rick Reilly was re-creating Bo Ryan's golf swing for Jordan, Jon & Keaton. He might have used the word Barkley. #Fieldof16
12. Bo Ryan to his good buddy and redhead Pete Gillen "Mike Bruesewitz is the first red-haired guy I've known with talent." #Fieldof16
11. UW always ends shoot-around with half-court shooting contests, bigs vs smalls. Gavinski & Leuer both made 1 for the win. #Fieldof16
10. Guys may take cable car tour of French Qtr. Nankivil: "it's like Jurassic Park, fun to look but u don't wanna touch anything" #Fieldof16
8. Open container laws in New Orleans. Just spotted Keaton Nankivil walking thru French Qtr with an open bottle... of Pedialyte. #Fieldof16
6. Long lines outside New Orleans Arena. Saw lots of you in the French Qtr today, Badger fans. Now get here early and turn it red #Fieldof16
3. Bo Ryan: "It takes contributions from every source to get where u are going." UW bench avg 16.5 pts in AZ (9.7 pts in Big Ten) #Fieldof16
2. Jon Leuer gave his pregame speech. Message was, this is what we've done all the hard work for. EARN the right to play again! #Fieldof16