Here is a look at the short-term forecast for both Madison and Orlando, via weather.com. Let's just say I'm glad our plane leaves at 4 p.m. today.
... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON CST THURSDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON CST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN AS MAINLY SNOW LATER THIS AFTERNOON... THEN TRANSITION TO A MIX OF FREEZING RAIN... SLEET... AND SNOW TONIGHT. THE MIXTURE IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE OVER TO MOSTLY RAIN AND DRIZZLE ON THURSDAY... THEN CHANGE BACK OVER TO ALL SNOW ON FRIDAY.
* TOTAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED FROM LATE TODAY INTO THURSDAY MORNING... 1 TO 4 INCHES WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOW AND SLEET SOUTH AND WEST OF MADISON.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS LESS THAN ONE QUARTER INCH ARE POSSIBLE LATER TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING.
* WINDS... BLUSTERY EAST WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH WILL CONTINUE TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING.
* HAZARDOUS TRAVEL ASSOCIATED WITH SNOW AND ICE COVERED ROADS IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP TONIGHT.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW... SLEET... OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
TODAY: Mostly sunny, high 73 degrees. Sunshine and a few clouds. High 73F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
TOMORROW: Mostly cloudy, high 77 degrees. Partly cloudy skies during the morning hours will become overcast in the afternoon. High 77F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph.